Executing a url within a php script

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • eric@tigerbuck.com

    #1

    Executing a url within a php script

    Hi,

    What is the best way of triggering another script (through a url)
    within a background php script?

    I have a script whatever.php that gets called in the background by a
    mobile operator. Within this script I need to trigger another script
    through a url (this in turn sends out a SMS to a mobilephone). Eg,
    none of these gets executed in a browser.

    I thought file_get_conten ts would do the trick but apparently not.. :(

    Thanks!
  • Jonas Werres

    #2
    Re: Executing a url within a php script

    What is the best way of triggering another script (through a url)
    within a background php script?
    CURL?

    Comment

    • C. (http://symcbean.blogspot.com/)

      #3
      Re: Executing a url within a php script

      On 4 Feb, 15:57, e...@tigerbuck. com wrote:
      Hi,
      >
      What is the best way of triggering another script (through a url)
      within a background php script?
      >
      I have a script whatever.php that gets called in the background by a
      mobile operator. Within this script I need to trigger another script
      through a url (this in turn sends out a SMS to a mobilephone). Eg,
      none of these gets executed in a browser.
      >
      I thought file_get_conten ts would do the trick but apparently not.. :(
      >
      Thanks!
      It should do - read up on safe_mode, file_wrappers etc.

      (or use CURL)

      C.

      Comment

      • NC

        #4
        Re: Executing a url within a php script

        On Feb 4, 7:57 am, e...@tigerbuck. com wrote:
        >
        What is the best way of triggering another script (through a url)
        within a background php script?
        >
        I have a script whatever.php that gets called in the background by a
        mobile operator. Within this script I need to trigger another script
        through a url (this in turn sends out a SMS to a mobilephone). Eg,
        none of these gets executed in a browser.
        >
        I thought file_get_conten ts would do the trick but apparently not.. :(
        Check allow_url_fopen setting on your system. If it's off, your
        scripts are not allowed to access remote files.

        Cheers,
        NC

        Comment

        Working...