How to differentiate between POST and GET?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Martin

    #1

    How to differentiate between POST and GET?

    Is there a simple way to tell if a page was submitted as a POST or a
    GET?

    I have a page that contains a form with multiple submit buttons. If
    the page is POSTed, I go through a somewhat complex analysis of what
    needs to be done depending on which button was clicked.

    On the other hand, if the page was submitted via GET, I simply set
    some default values and send it out. I'd like to be able to do this
    without having to look for every button only to find out that none
    were submitted.


  • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

    #2
    Re: How to differentiate between POST and GET?

    Martin wrote:
    Is there a simple way to tell if a page was submitted as a POST or a
    GET?
    >
    I have a page that contains a form with multiple submit buttons. If
    the page is POSTed, I go through a somewhat complex analysis of what
    needs to be done depending on which button was clicked.
    >
    On the other hand, if the page was submitted via GET, I simply set
    some default values and send it out. I'd like to be able to do this
    without having to look for every button only to find out that none
    were submitted.
    You could try checking the value of $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD "].

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    - kimandre@NOSPAM betadome.com
    (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)

    Comment

    • Martin

      #3
      Re: How to differentiate between POST and GET?

      On 16 Jan 2008 15:44:20 GMT, Kim André Akerø
      <kimandre@NOSPA Mbetadome.comwr ote:
      >Martin wrote:
      >
      >Is there a simple way to tell if a page was submitted as a POST or a
      >GET?
      >>
      >I have a page that contains a form with multiple submit buttons. If
      >the page is POSTed, I go through a somewhat complex analysis of what
      >needs to be done depending on which button was clicked.
      >>
      >On the other hand, if the page was submitted via GET, I simply set
      >some default values and send it out. I'd like to be able to do this
      >without having to look for every button only to find out that none
      >were submitted.
      >
      >You could try checking the value of $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD "].
      Perfect! Thank you.

      Comment

      • Toby A Inkster

        #4
        Re: How to differentiate between POST and GET?

        Martin wrote:
        Kim André Akerø wrote:
        >
        >>You could try checking the value of $_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD "].
        >
        Perfect! Thank you.
        Note that "POST" and "GET" are not the only possible values it can take.

        --
        Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
        [Geek of HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python/Apache/Linux]
        [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 17 days, 23:04.]

        Gnocchi all'Amatriciana al Forno

        Comment

        Working...