New to PHP Facebook group

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dual_b00t

    #1

    New to PHP Facebook group

    Hi I am a beginner PHP programmer so I decided i would create a
    facebook group for us newbs to share and help each other out..



    its brand new but will be adding links to tutorials and videos also it
    has a forum to chat etc etc

    see you guys there sometime

    by the way my name is mark ;)

    ps: I am looking for admins also :)

    bye now
  • Jerry Stuckle

    #2
    Re: New to PHP Facebook group

    Dual_b00t wrote:
    Hi I am a beginner PHP programmer so I decided i would create a
    facebook group for us newbs to share and help each other out..
    >

    >
    its brand new but will be adding links to tutorials and videos also it
    has a forum to chat etc etc
    >
    see you guys there sometime
    >
    by the way my name is mark ;)
    >
    ps: I am looking for admins also :)
    >
    bye now
    >
    What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?

    --
    =============== ===
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attgl obal.net
    =============== ===

    Comment

    • Jonas Werres

      #3
      Re: New to PHP Facebook group

      What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
      More polite users? ;)

      Comment

      • rf

        #4
        Re: New to PHP Facebook group


        "Jonas Werres" <jonas@example. orgwrote in message
        news:4785e14f$0 $5953$9b4e6d93@ newsspool3.arco r-online.net...
        >
        >What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
        >
        More polite users? ;)
        No google groupers? :-)


        Comment

        • Captain Paralytic

          #5
          Re: New to PHP Facebook group

          On 10 Jan, 11:09, "rf" <r...@invalid.c omwrote:
          "Jonas Werres" <jo...@example. orgwrote in message
          >
          news:4785e14f$0 $5953$9b4e6d93@ newsspool3.arco r-online.net...
          >
          >
          >
          What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
          >
          More polite users? ;)
          >
          No google groupers? :-)
          One big dis-advantage is that, with so many companies blocking access
          to facebook, loads of good potential contributers will not have access.

          Comment

          • rf

            #6
            Re: New to PHP Facebook group


            "Captain Paralytic" <paul_lautman@y ahoo.comwrote in message
            news:f7bbb1f0-920f-4d2c-9b46-19f93d954186@e1 0g2000prf.googl egroups.com...
            On 10 Jan, 11:09, "rf" <r...@invalid.c omwrote:
            >"Jonas Werres" <jo...@example. orgwrote in message
            >>
            >news:4785e14f$ 0$5953$9b4e6d93 @newsspool3.arc or-online.net...
            >>
            >>
            >>
            >What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
            >>
            More polite users? ;)
            >>
            >No google groupers? :-)
            >
            One big dis-advantage is that, with so many companies blocking access
            to facebook, loads of good potential contributers will not have access.
            WTF is facebook anyway? The initial page tells me almost nothing :-(

            Should I bother?

            --
            Richard


            Comment

            • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

              #7
              Re: New to PHP Facebook group

              rf wrote:
              >
              "Captain Paralytic" <paul_lautman@y ahoo.comwrote in message
              news:f7bbb1f0-920f-4d2c-9b46-19f93d954186@e1 0g2000prf.googl egroups.com
              ... >On 10 Jan, 11:09, "rf" <r...@invalid.c omwrote: >>"Jonas
              Werres" <jo...@example. orgwrote in message
              >
              news:4785e14f$0 $5953$9b4e6d93@ newsspool3.arco r-online.net...
              >
              >
              >
              >>What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
              >
              >More polite users? ;)
              >
              No google groupers? :-)
              One big dis-advantage is that, with so many companies blocking
              access to facebook, loads of good potential contributers will not
              have access.
              >
              WTF is facebook anyway? The initial page tells me almost nothing :-(
              >
              Should I bother?
              In general, it's a social networking website, much like Orkut,
              Friendster and Hi5 (in case you've heard about any of these).

              A more detailed description can be found here:
              Facebook. 154,742,397 followers · 370,321 talking about this. Community Values We believe people can do more together than alone and that each of us plays an important role in helping to create a...


              --
              Kim André Akerø
              - kimandre@NOSPAM betadome.com
              (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)

              Comment

              • Ivan Marsh

                #8
                Re: New to PHP Facebook group

                On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:09:45 +0000, rf wrote:
                >
                "Jonas Werres" <jonas@example. orgwrote in message
                news:4785e14f$0 $5953$9b4e6d93@ newsspool3.arco r-online.net...
                >>
                >>What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
                >>
                >More polite users? ;)
                >
                No google groupers? :-)
                Pretty pictures?

                --
                I told you this was going to happen.

                Comment

                • Ivan Marsh

                  #9
                  Re: New to PHP Facebook group

                  On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:07:18 -0500, Joeseph P. Blow wrote:
                  On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 22:46:21 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
                  <jstucklex@attg lobal.netwrote:
                  >
                  >>Dual_b00t wrote:
                  >>Hi I am a beginner PHP programmer so I decided i would create a
                  >>facebook group for us newbs to share and help each other out..
                  >>>
                  >>http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20845788472
                  >>>
                  >>its brand new but will be adding links to tutorials and videos also it
                  >>has a forum to chat etc etc
                  >>>
                  >>see you guys there sometime
                  >>>
                  >>by the way my name is mark ;)
                  >>>
                  >>ps: I am looking for admins also :)
                  >>>
                  >>bye now
                  >>>
                  >>
                  >>What advantage does that have over usenet - other than none?
                  >
                  You wouldn't be there so the answers would be accurate.
                  Oh! What did the hand say to the face?

                  --
                  I told you this was going to happen.

                  Comment

                  • Toby A Inkster

                    #10
                    Re: New to PHP Facebook group

                    rf wrote:
                    WTF is facebook anyway?
                    MySpace for people who think they're above MySpace.


                    --
                    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
                    [Geek of HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python/Apache/Linux]
                    [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 11 days, 22:13.]

                    NetSol Cybersquatting

                    Comment

                    • John Dunlop

                      #11
                      Re: New to PHP Facebook group

                      Kim André Akerø:
                      In general, it's a social networking website, much like Orkut,
                      Friendster and Hi5 (in case you've heard about any of these).
                      Is there a website that consolidates the vast array of social
                      networking websites? The website would, I imagine, automatically
                      create accounts for you on a number of social networking sites and
                      provide you with a single interface.

                      --
                      Jock

                      Comment

                      • Toby A Inkster

                        #12
                        Re: New to PHP Facebook group

                        John Dunlop wrote:
                        Is there a website that consolidates the vast array of social networking
                        websites? The website would, I imagine, automatically create accounts
                        for you on a number of social networking sites and provide you with a
                        single interface.
                        Not that I'm aware of, but I know that many of them are heavily using
                        microformats <http://microformats.or gto make the information on them
                        more "scrapable" , and I believe that some allow you to import data from a
                        suitably microformatted page.

                        Thus the rudiments of syncing are there.

                        --
                        Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
                        [Geek of HTML/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python/Apache/Linux]
                        [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 12 days, 3:43.]
                        [Now Playing: Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching]

                        NetSol Cybersquatting

                        Comment

                        Working...