IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mariosp

    #1

    IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

    Hello,
    Thanks to all for your answers to my previous topic. I decide to
    install and configure both services on the same 2003 Server. Is that
    possible or I will crash it?

    Thanks again.


    ***Taking into consideration I want to inastall php and mysql on both

    web services.Is that possible?


    thanks

  • x0054

    #2
    Re: IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

    "mariosp" <m.papaioannou@ gmail.com> wrote in news:1143237613 .079152.34260
    @j33g2000cwa.go oglegroups.com:
    [color=blue]
    > Hello,
    > Thanks to all for your answers to my previous topic. I decide to
    > install and configure both services on the same 2003 Server. Is that
    > possible or I will crash it?
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    >
    > ***Taking into consideration I want to inastall php and mysql on both
    >
    > web services.Is that possible?
    >
    >
    > thanks
    >[/color]

    Well, MySQL is a separate server, so that should be fine. PHP should be
    fine just the same. Just wondering, why are you doing that?

    - Bogdan

    Comment

    • Toby Inkster

      #3
      Re: IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

      mariosp wrote:
      [color=blue]
      > Thanks to all for your answers to my previous topic. I decide to
      > install and configure both services on the same 2003 Server. Is that
      > possible or I will crash it?[/color]

      Yes, it's possible, but you can't run both web servers on port 80.

      A typical set-up would be:

      - Apache on http://localhost/
      - IIS on http://localhost:8080/

      then you could use Apache's reverse proxying to pass through certain
      requests to IIS if you like.

      --
      Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
      Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact

      Comment

      • mariosp

        #4
        Re: IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

        Hey Bogdan,
        We have an old server Apache which is running our website, We bought a
        new one Win2003 in order to run also Active Directory Services, so I
        would like to figure out which way is better?
        Is there any configuration to move the website from apache to IIS?
        Do you think all the links and stuff will work?

        Thanks

        Comment

        • x0054

          #5
          Re: IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

          "mariosp" <m.papaioannou@ gmail.com> wrote in news:1143306629 .539174.112500
          @z34g2000cwc.go oglegroups.com:
          [color=blue]
          > Hey Bogdan,
          > We have an old server Apache which is running our website, We bought a
          > new one Win2003 in order to run also Active Directory Services, so I
          > would like to figure out which way is better?
          > Is there any configuration to move the website from apache to IIS?
          > Do you think all the links and stuff will work?
          >
          > Thanks
          >[/color]

          Well, I guess that your Apache also runs on Windows, so you really would
          not have any problems. If your Apache was linux based then you may need to
          check if you are using any links in the linux side. But basically I
          developed lots of sites on my Apache/Linux server for IIS customers with
          almost no problem.

          One thing I found, however, is that it is a bit hard to setup PHP on IIS
          to use a mail server directly. So if you have an PHP script that requires
          sending email, you may have a bit of a problem. In My case I usually just
          do any IIS related email stuff in ASP. I think it is relatively easy to
          setup a SMTP relay server to be used by PHP, but I head problems geting it
          to work with exchange server. But I have very limited experience with IIS,
          so for all I know you may not have any problems.

          Good Luck,

          - Bogdan

          Comment

          • mariosp

            #6
            Re: IIS with Apache 2.0.5 in the same server + PHP +SQL

            Borgan!
            The apache server was running on linux, and yes I do have problems with
            the links,
            How is possible to fix that problem?
            for the time being the php does not require email sevices.
            My concern is how to figure out the above problem
            Do u have knowledge of MySQL

            Thanks

            marios

            Comment

            Working...