Static build of PHP5/Apache2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Schraalhans Keukenmeester

    #1

    Static build of PHP5/Apache2

    A plethora of articles on building PHP & Apache1 statically exist on the
    web. However I have not been able to find a similar document on a static
    compilation of PHP in an Apache2 executable.

    I know using a modular (DSO) approach has gained popularity and is
    considered 'the way forward' according to many, yet I'd still like to
    build a monolithic version for a box I am configuring.

    Is it all all possible with the later versions of PHP/Apache2?
    Links and pointers _very_ welcome. Of course I'd be happy to also go
    into the modular vs static debate, but I'd rather have that discussion
    elsewhere and keep this thread to the point.

    TIA

    Sh.
  • neil davis

    #2
    Re: Static build of PHP5/Apache2

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:51:52 +0100, Schraalhans Keukenmeester wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > A plethora of articles on building PHP & Apache1 statically exist on the
    > web. However I have not been able to find a similar document on a static
    > compilation of PHP in an Apache2 executable.
    >
    > I know using a modular (DSO) approach has gained popularity and is
    > considered 'the way forward' according to many, yet I'd still like to
    > build a monolithic version for a box I am configuring.
    >
    > Is it all all possible with the later versions of PHP/Apache2?
    > Links and pointers _very_ welcome. Of course I'd be happy to also go
    > into the modular vs static debate, but I'd rather have that discussion
    > elsewhere and keep this thread to the point.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Sh.[/color]

    It doesn't buy you anything except a slightly faster apache startup.

    The performance is the same.

    Comment

    Working...