Automatic Updation

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vijayayarraa
    New Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 5

    #1

    Automatic Updation

    Dear friends,

    I am vijaya,doing m.sc. now my question is on how to automate the process of updation from ncbi datebase to the local system contained files by using LWP? please reply me back as soon as possible?

    Regards
    vijaya
  • KevinADC
    Recognized Expert Specialist
    • Jan 2007
    • 4092

    #2
    Originally posted by vijayayarraa
    Dear friends,

    I am vijaya,doing m.sc. now my question is on how to automate the process of updation from ncbi datebase to the local system contained files by using LWP? please reply me back as soon as possible?

    Regards
    vijaya

    Hi vijaya,

    LWP has good documentation, if you read it you should get the basics of how to use it's interface. From there, if you know some perl, you should be able to write some code to get started.

    I have almost no knowledge of the NCBI database, but I do know there is something called BLAST that is used to search NCBI data:



    Maybe that is where you should start if you have not already.

    Comment

    • vijayayarraa
      New Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 5

      #3
      Hello Sir,

      Thank you for given reply, my question is on what is the source code to update the files from internet to the localsystem by using perl. if u have any good tutorials are books on LWP please kindly let me know.

      Regards
      vijaya

      Comment

      • KevinADC
        Recognized Expert Specialist
        • Jan 2007
        • 4092

        #4
        Originally posted by vijayayarraa
        Hello Sir,

        Thank you for given reply, my question is on what is the source code to update the files from internet to the localsystem by using perl. if u have any good tutorials are books on LWP please kindly let me know.

        Regards
        vijaya

        Use a search engine and search for "LWP tutorial" and you should find something. I have no specific recommendations . You can also read the LWP documentation on CPAN.

        Comment

        • idorjee
          New Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 76

          #5
          Hi Vijaya,
          I don't know if you've already found this out, but there's a nice little script @ http://eutils.ncbi.nlm .nih.gov/entrez/query/static/eutils_help.htm l#Demonstration Programs
          under the sub-heading "Demonstrat ion Programs" that uses LWP::Simple module.
          Best wishes,
          - dorjee


          Originally posted by vijayayarraa
          Dear friends,

          I am vijaya,doing m.sc. now my question is on how to automate the process of updation from ncbi datebase to the local system contained files by using LWP? please reply me back as soon as possible?

          Regards
          vijaya

          Comment

          Working...