Install Mason

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rajiv07
    New Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 141

    #1

    Install Mason

    Hi to all,

    I am running perl on windows and I want to know how do i install Mason, which is used for embedding perl in html.Also how do i run these files.

    Please help on this topic.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Regards

    Rajiv.
  • dirtyfoot
    New Member
    • Dec 2007
    • 4

    #2
    Hi Rajiv,

    You can download the Mason modules from CPAN.

    The Mason templating engine should be run in conjunction with Apache and mod_perl. If you are planning on serving your application with IIS or another web server you will need to run Mason in CGI mode. This will put a lot of overhead on each of your page loads though. If you are planning on using Mason I would recommend first reviewing the documentation at masonhq.com

    Good luck,
    Chris
    Last edited by eWish; Dec 6 '07, 01:40 AM. Reason: Fixed Link

    Comment

    Working...