Web Browser Control (Winform App) and Java Applers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sasa

    #1

    Web Browser Control (Winform App) and Java Applers

    Hi

    I'm hosting a web browser control (WBC) on a form in a vb.net winform
    application.

    When accessing an asp.net application that contains a signed applet from IE,
    a java notification icon appears in the system tray and a popup appears
    asking to accept certificates etc...

    However, the same behaviour does not occur when accessing with the WBC.

    A colleague of mine tryed this on his machine at home, but there it worked?

    What's going on here? Do I somehow need to kick off this process myself?


    Please help!

    Sasa


  • Sasa

    #2
    RE: Web Browser Control (Winform App) and Java Applers

    Hi

    I've determined that the actual problem is that applets do not seem to want
    to load at all! I've tried this with a simple applet and nothing happens,
    almost like the JVM doesn't load.

    The exact same thing does work on a my home machine.

    I've been very unsuccessfully trying to get help from microsoft over the
    phone.

    The phone operator continously tells me that its "by design"... Yet he
    cannot explain the inconsistent behaviour? What kind of design is this
    (except for maybe a very bad one)

    I've seen a number of articles on the net refering to the hosting of applets
    in a web browser, so this response is both highly annoying and very
    frustrating.

    Please help!!!!

    "Sasa" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm hosting a web browser control (WBC) on a form in a vb.net winform
    > application.
    >
    > When accessing an asp.net application that contains a signed applet from IE,
    > a java notification icon appears in the system tray and a popup appears
    > asking to accept certificates etc...
    >
    > However, the same behaviour does not occur when accessing with the WBC.
    >
    > A colleague of mine tryed this on his machine at home, but there it worked?
    >
    > What's going on here? Do I somehow need to kick off this process myself?
    >
    >
    > Please help!
    >
    > Sasa
    >
    >[/color]

    Comment

    Working...