'System.Security.SecurityException' error when running app

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zak Taemur

    #1

    'System.Security.SecurityException' error when running app

    Whenever I try to run my application I get the following
    error:

    "An unhandled exception of
    type 'System.Securit y.SecurityExcep tion' occured in
    WorkFlow-Projects.exe

    Additional information: Request failed"

    I have my project files on a network share drive on our
    W2K Adv. Server PC.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards

    Zak Taemur
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
  • Jakob Christensen

    #2
    RE: 'System.Securit y.SecurityExcep tion' error when running app

    This is probably because your local intranet zone uses the LocalIntranet
    permission set. This means that applications run from network shares are not
    allowed to do File I/O for example. You can change the runtime security
    policy so that your local intranet zone is granted FullTrust to overcome this
    (using the .net configuration tool in your Control Panel/Administration) .

    HTH, Jakob.


    "Zak Taemur" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Whenever I try to run my application I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > "An unhandled exception of
    > type 'System.Securit y.SecurityExcep tion' occured in
    > WorkFlow-Projects.exe
    >
    > Additional information: Request failed"
    >
    > I have my project files on a network share drive on our
    > W2K Adv. Server PC.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Zak Taemur
    > Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    >[/color]

    Comment

    Working...