If the project-path will be changed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Peter Stojkovic

    #1

    If the project-path will be changed

    I have the following problem:

    I have a solution in path C:\AAA\Customer A


    Now I have a second project:
    Then I copy everyThing to C:\AAA\Customer B

    Bit inside the new project everything is looking to C:\AAA\Customer A

    It is not possible to input relative pathes !!

    What is the solution for this problem ??

    Peter
    SMS-Eumuco


  • Patrice

    #2
    Re: If the project-path will be changed

    It's likely you have absolute physical paths in your app :
    - see Server.MapPath to translate the virtual path to the physical path
    - the special ~ character is handled server side and allows to address the
    application root (rather than the website root)

    This way if you have an app in :
    c:\root\subweb\ page.aspx
    c:\locationA\pa ge.aspx
    c:\locationB\pa ge.aspx

    Using Server.Path("~/page.aspx") will always return the above physical
    path...

    Patrice

    --

    "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de
    news:%23w7a6EU2 EHA.1152@TK2MSF TNGP14.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
    > I have the following problem:
    >
    > I have a solution in path C:\AAA\Customer A
    >
    >
    > Now I have a second project:
    > Then I copy everyThing to C:\AAA\Customer B
    >
    > Bit inside the new project everything is looking to C:\AAA\Customer A
    >
    > It is not possible to input relative pathes !!
    >
    > What is the solution for this problem ??
    >
    > Peter
    > SMS-Eumuco
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Peter Stojkovic

      #3
      Re: If the project-path will be changed

      I have problems with
      REFERENCE-PATHES
      in File for example only AlarmClass.vbpr oj.user within Visual-Studio.NET

      And we have a lot of projects within one solution

      So I dont know, how to change it automatically ?

      Peter




      "Patrice" <nobody@nowhere .com> wrote in message
      news:O7swLLU2EH A.1524@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > It's likely you have absolute physical paths in your app :
      > - see Server.MapPath to translate the virtual path to the physical path
      > - the special ~ character is handled server side and allows to address the
      > application root (rather than the website root)
      >
      > This way if you have an app in :
      > c:\root\subweb\ page.aspx
      > c:\locationA\pa ge.aspx
      > c:\locationB\pa ge.aspx
      >
      > Using Server.Path("~/page.aspx") will always return the above physical
      > path...
      >
      > Patrice
      >
      > --
      >
      > "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de
      > news:%23w7a6EU2 EHA.1152@TK2MSF TNGP14.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
      > > I have the following problem:
      > >
      > > I have a solution in path C:\AAA\Customer A
      > >
      > >
      > > Now I have a second project:
      > > Then I copy everyThing to C:\AAA\Customer B
      > >
      > > Bit inside the new project everything is looking to C:\AAA\Customer A
      > >
      > > It is not possible to input relative pathes !!
      > >
      > > What is the solution for this problem ??
      > >
      > > Peter
      > > SMS-Eumuco
      > >
      > >[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Nick Malik

        #4
        Re: If the project-path will be changed

        project files are human readable. For some problems, it is simple to just
        edit the project files and the solution file.

        I'm not sure that I understand what your problem is. I've only had to edit
        the project file on very rare occasion. However, it is easy to do.

        --- Nick

        "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> wrote in message
        news:eNC7EXU2EH A.1144@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
        > I have problems with
        > REFERENCE-PATHES
        > in File for example only AlarmClass.vbpr oj.user within Visual-Studio.NET
        >
        > And we have a lot of projects within one solution
        >
        > So I dont know, how to change it automatically ?
        >
        > Peter
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > "Patrice" <nobody@nowhere .com> wrote in message
        > news:O7swLLU2EH A.1524@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=green]
        > > It's likely you have absolute physical paths in your app :
        > > - see Server.MapPath to translate the virtual path to the physical path
        > > - the special ~ character is handled server side and allows to address[/color][/color]
        the[color=blue][color=green]
        > > application root (rather than the website root)
        > >
        > > This way if you have an app in :
        > > c:\root\subweb\ page.aspx
        > > c:\locationA\pa ge.aspx
        > > c:\locationB\pa ge.aspx
        > >
        > > Using Server.Path("~/page.aspx") will always return the above physical
        > > path...
        > >
        > > Patrice
        > >
        > > --
        > >
        > > "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de
        > > news:%23w7a6EU2 EHA.1152@TK2MSF TNGP14.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
        > > > I have the following problem:
        > > >
        > > > I have a solution in path C:\AAA\Customer A
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > Now I have a second project:
        > > > Then I copy everyThing to C:\AAA\Customer B
        > > >
        > > > Bit inside the new project everything is looking to C:\AAA\Customer A
        > > >
        > > > It is not possible to input relative pathes !!
        > > >
        > > > What is the solution for this problem ??
        > > >
        > > > Peter
        > > > SMS-Eumuco
        > > >
        > > >[/color]
        > >
        > >[/color]
        >
        >[/color]


        Comment

        • Peter Stojkovic

          #5
          Re: If the project-path will be changed

          I have problems with
          REFERENCE-PATHES
          in File for example only AlarmClass.vbpr oj.user within Visual-Studio.NET

          And we have a lot of projects within one solution

          So I dont know, how to change it automatically ?

          Peter




          "Patrice" <nobody@nowhere .com> wrote in message
          news:O7swLLU2EH A.1524@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
          > It's likely you have absolute physical paths in your app :
          > - see Server.MapPath to translate the virtual path to the physical path
          > - the special ~ character is handled server side and allows to address the
          > application root (rather than the website root)
          >
          > This way if you have an app in :
          > c:\root\subweb\ page.aspx
          > c:\locationA\pa ge.aspx
          > c:\locationB\pa ge.aspx
          >
          > Using Server.Path("~/page.aspx") will always return the above physical
          > path...
          >
          > Patrice
          >
          > --
          >
          > "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de
          > news:%23w7a6EU2 EHA.1152@TK2MSF TNGP14.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
          > > I have the following problem:
          > >
          > > I have a solution in path C:\AAA\Customer A
          > >
          > >
          > > Now I have a second project:
          > > Then I copy everyThing to C:\AAA\Customer B
          > >
          > > Bit inside the new project everything is looking to C:\AAA\Customer A
          > >
          > > It is not possible to input relative pathes !!
          > >
          > > What is the solution for this problem ??
          > >
          > > Peter
          > > SMS-Eumuco
          > >
          > >[/color]
          >
          >[/color]


          Comment

          • Nick Malik

            #6
            Re: If the project-path will be changed

            project files are human readable. For some problems, it is simple to just
            edit the project files and the solution file.

            I'm not sure that I understand what your problem is. I've only had to edit
            the project file on very rare occasion. However, it is easy to do.

            --- Nick

            "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> wrote in message
            news:eNC7EXU2EH A.1144@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
            > I have problems with
            > REFERENCE-PATHES
            > in File for example only AlarmClass.vbpr oj.user within Visual-Studio.NET
            >
            > And we have a lot of projects within one solution
            >
            > So I dont know, how to change it automatically ?
            >
            > Peter
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > "Patrice" <nobody@nowhere .com> wrote in message
            > news:O7swLLU2EH A.1524@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=green]
            > > It's likely you have absolute physical paths in your app :
            > > - see Server.MapPath to translate the virtual path to the physical path
            > > - the special ~ character is handled server side and allows to address[/color][/color]
            the[color=blue][color=green]
            > > application root (rather than the website root)
            > >
            > > This way if you have an app in :
            > > c:\root\subweb\ page.aspx
            > > c:\locationA\pa ge.aspx
            > > c:\locationB\pa ge.aspx
            > >
            > > Using Server.Path("~/page.aspx") will always return the above physical
            > > path...
            > >
            > > Patrice
            > >
            > > --
            > >
            > > "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovi c@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de
            > > news:%23w7a6EU2 EHA.1152@TK2MSF TNGP14.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
            > > > I have the following problem:
            > > >
            > > > I have a solution in path C:\AAA\Customer A
            > > >
            > > >
            > > > Now I have a second project:
            > > > Then I copy everyThing to C:\AAA\Customer B
            > > >
            > > > Bit inside the new project everything is looking to C:\AAA\Customer A
            > > >
            > > > It is not possible to input relative pathes !!
            > > >
            > > > What is the solution for this problem ??
            > > >
            > > > Peter
            > > > SMS-Eumuco
            > > >
            > > >[/color]
            > >
            > >[/color]
            >
            >[/color]


            Comment

            Working...