IIS Corrupted -- HELP!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Yama

    #1

    IIS Corrupted -- HELP!

    Hi,

    I am keeping on getting nothing out of my localhost. Whenever I try to
    access it I get a "The page cannot be displayed". Immediately then I go into
    IIS and find out that my server shuts down. It displays to me the following
    message:

    The connection to the server 'myPCNAME' was lost.
    Do you want to attempt to reconnect?
    Yes - No

    I click on Yes obviously. THen again I try to access localhost and I get the
    same page instead of a compiled page. Again I go back into IIS click on a
    folder and get the same message.


    It is possible that a program I was testing wrote something or modified
    something in the registry. I tried to replay every scenario but couldn't find
    anything wrong. Maybe some permission were lost??


    Any suggestion guys?


    Thanks,

    Yama
  • Sujith S. Varier

    #2
    Re: IIS Corrupted -- HELP!

    Dear friend,

    I dont know whether u are not able to access any of the web applications
    in the server. Anyway try a service restart. Go to services window and
    restart www service, probably the last one in your list of services.(Or a
    machine restart will do)

    If its the problem with ur asp.net applications, u can try reinstalling
    the asp.net and configuring the IIS server..using a tool that comes along
    with .net framework.
    it is "aspnet_regiis. exe"...
    try that.

    regards
    Sujith S.Varier




    "Yama" <Yama@discussio ns.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
    news:22AB6ED7-A634-4D80-8246-608EEA1EF43B@mi crosoft.com...[color=blue]
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am keeping on getting nothing out of my localhost. Whenever I try to
    > access it I get a "The page cannot be displayed". Immediately then I go[/color]
    into[color=blue]
    > IIS and find out that my server shuts down. It displays to me the[/color]
    following[color=blue]
    > message:
    >
    > The connection to the server 'myPCNAME' was lost.
    > Do you want to attempt to reconnect?
    > Yes - No
    >
    > I click on Yes obviously. THen again I try to access localhost and I get[/color]
    the[color=blue]
    > same page instead of a compiled page. Again I go back into IIS click on a
    > folder and get the same message.
    >
    >
    > It is possible that a program I was testing wrote something or modified
    > something in the registry. I tried to replay every scenario but couldn't[/color]
    find[color=blue]
    > anything wrong. Maybe some permission were lost??
    >
    >
    > Any suggestion guys?
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Yama[/color]


    Comment

    • Yama

      #3
      Re: IIS Corrupted -- HELP!

      Thanks Sujith,

      I just went ahead and uninstalled IIS from my system and reintalled it then
      I reinstalled the framework. That resolved my problem.... Nonetheless I need
      to just go ahead and throw in my SP2 CD to repair Window as I really messed
      up my registry while testing a program we co-authored at my company.

      :-)

      Yama

      "Sujith S. Varier" wrote:
      [color=blue]
      > Dear friend,
      >
      > I dont know whether u are not able to access any of the web applications
      > in the server. Anyway try a service restart. Go to services window and
      > restart www service, probably the last one in your list of services.(Or a
      > machine restart will do)
      >
      > If its the problem with ur asp.net applications, u can try reinstalling
      > the asp.net and configuring the IIS server..using a tool that comes along
      > with .net framework.
      > it is "aspnet_regiis. exe"...
      > try that.
      >
      > regards
      > Sujith S.Varier
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > "Yama" <Yama@discussio ns.microsoft.co m> wrote in message
      > news:22AB6ED7-A634-4D80-8246-608EEA1EF43B@mi crosoft.com...[color=green]
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I am keeping on getting nothing out of my localhost. Whenever I try to
      > > access it I get a "The page cannot be displayed". Immediately then I go[/color]
      > into[color=green]
      > > IIS and find out that my server shuts down. It displays to me the[/color]
      > following[color=green]
      > > message:
      > >
      > > The connection to the server 'myPCNAME' was lost.
      > > Do you want to attempt to reconnect?
      > > Yes - No
      > >
      > > I click on Yes obviously. THen again I try to access localhost and I get[/color]
      > the[color=green]
      > > same page instead of a compiled page. Again I go back into IIS click on a
      > > folder and get the same message.
      > >
      > >
      > > It is possible that a program I was testing wrote something or modified
      > > something in the registry. I tried to replay every scenario but couldn't[/color]
      > find[color=green]
      > > anything wrong. Maybe some permission were lost??
      > >
      > >
      > > Any suggestion guys?
      > >
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Yama[/color]
      >
      >
      >[/color]

      Comment

      Working...