Data Source Help Needed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chris Hughes

    #1

    Data Source Help Needed!

    Hi

    I am trying to do a walkthrough on Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1.
    The Walkthrough in question is:
    Displaying Formatted Data in Web Pages with the FormView Control.

    The problem I am having is that everytime I click advanced options to
    get the Advanced SQL Generation Options dialog box I am unable to
    check the Generate Insert, Update, and Delete statements. All option
    on this dialog are greyed out.
    I am using a local install of MSDE 2000.

    Anyone got any ideas what is going wrong!!!

    Thanks

    Chris Hughes
  • Aytaç ÖZAY

    #2
    RE: Data Source Help Needed!

    Hi,

    If there is no primary key field in your dataset, you can't get inset,
    update and delete statements. These options are disabeled. First you can
    control this.

    Have a nice day,


    "Chris Hughes" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to do a walkthrough on Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1.
    > The Walkthrough in question is:
    > Displaying Formatted Data in Web Pages with the FormView Control.
    >
    > The problem I am having is that everytime I click advanced options to
    > get the Advanced SQL Generation Options dialog box I am unable to
    > check the Generate Insert, Update, and Delete statements. All option
    > on this dialog are greyed out.
    > I am using a local install of MSDE 2000.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas what is going wrong!!!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris Hughes
    >[/color]

    Comment

    Working...