Controlling Windows Application From Web

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Seda Ozulku

    #1

    Controlling Windows Application From Web

    I don't have much information about .Net. May be it must be a silly
    question.

    I have Windows Application running at the server. I need to Access the
    program functions ( like at given time program sends mail to customer or you
    can manually select customer and send it ) from web. Why web? I dont want
    to install client applications to the all user... And Clients dont have
    access to server via Terminal and because of th e the Server location it's
    far away from us.

    This is the scenario :

    1-There ise Windows Application running on the server. Server is located
    withing company.

    2- Some Company user need to accces to program functions (not all the
    functions). Company user dont have access to computer directly ('cos of
    location) or by Terminal ( security).

    3- I want design a web Interface to access some function of the program.
    User login and do what the user have access to.

    Thank yo for you replies....

    Seda


  • Victor Urnyshev [MSFT]

    #2
    RE: Controlling Windows Application From Web

    Hello Seda,

    Does the application expose any interfaces, or does it have only UI? If it
    has only UI, it will not be easy to access it via a web page.
    Also, please note that if you expose an application to multiple users, you
    introduce the risk of a race condition, i.e. requests from two or more
    users at the same time. The application should be able to queue them or
    process them in parallel.

    --
    Victor Urnyshev [MSFT]
    This post is "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------
    |From: "Seda Ozulku" <REMOVETHISPART @netron.com>
    |Subject: Controlling Windows Application From Web
    |Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:32:17 +0300
    |Lines: 27
    |X-Priority: 3
    |X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    |X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.3790.0
    |X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.132
    |Message-ID: <unEbG5xPEHA.32 20@TK2MSFTNGP09 .phx.gbl>
    |Newsgroups: microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l
    |NNTP-Posting-Host: host-213-194-84-225.borusantele kom.com 213.194.84.225
    |Path:
    cpmsftngxa10.ph x.gbl!TK2MSFTFE ED02.phx.gbl!TK 2MSFTNGXA01.phx .gbl!TK2MSFTNGP 0
    8.phx.gbl!TK2MS FTNGP09.phx.gbl
    |Xref: cpmsftngxa10.ph x.gbl microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l:134801
    |X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l
    |
    |I don't have much information about .Net. May be it must be a silly
    |question.
    |
    |I have Windows Application running at the server. I need to Access the
    |program functions ( like at given time program sends mail to customer or
    you
    |can manually select customer and send it ) from web. Why web? I dont want
    |to install client applications to the all user... And Clients dont have
    |access to server via Terminal and because of th e the Server location
    it's
    |far away from us.
    |
    |This is the scenario :
    |
    |1-There ise Windows Application running on the server. Server is located
    |withing company.
    |
    |2- Some Company user need to accces to program functions (not all the
    |functions). Company user dont have access to computer directly ('cos of
    |location) or by Terminal ( security).
    |
    |3- I want design a web Interface to access some function of the program.
    |User login and do what the user have access to.
    |
    |Thank yo for you replies....
    |
    |Seda
    |
    |
    |

    Comment

    Working...