Accessing .net component from asp/vbscript

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • John Stemper

    #1

    Accessing .net component from asp/vbscript

    I'm looking for some good articles or hints on accessing a .Net component
    that I've written from old ASP/VBScript. I've gotten as far as referencing
    the typelib in the global.asa file but when I try to create the object in
    VBScript it doesn't seem to be able to see it. I've read a few of the
    online articles and followed the step by steps in some of them but some key
    fact seems to be missing.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    TIA
    John


  • John Stemper

    #2
    Re: Accessing .net component from asp/vbscript

    So far I'm only able to get an enum that is in my class to be seen in the
    com world.


    "John Stemper" <jstemper@antio ch.com> wrote in message
    news:uCBjoaeMEH A.3164@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > I'm looking for some good articles or hints on accessing a .Net component
    > that I've written from old ASP/VBScript. I've gotten as far as referencing
    > the typelib in the global.asa file but when I try to create the object in
    > VBScript it doesn't seem to be able to see it. I've read a few of the
    > online articles and followed the step by steps in some of them but some[/color]
    key[color=blue]
    > fact seems to be missing.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > TIA
    > John
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Kevin Yu [MSFT]

      #3
      Re: Accessing .net component from asp/vbscript

      Hi John

      We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
      update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

      Kevin Yu
      =======
      "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
      rights."

      Comment

      • Tian Min Huang

        #4
        Re: Accessing .net component from asp/vbscript

        Hello John,

        Thanks for your post. As I understand, you want to access .NET Component
        from vbscript code in ASP. Please correct me if there is any
        misunderstandin g. I now share the following information with you:

        As you know, vbscript in ASP can only access COM object, while it cannot
        access .NET component directly. To resolve this problem, you will need to
        use Tlbexp.exe and Regasm.exe to expose .NET components to COM world.
        Please refer to the following MSDN articles for detailed information:

        HOW TO: Call Visual Basic .NET Assembly from Visual Basic 6.0 and Call
        Visual Basic COM Component from Visual Basic .NET


        Exposing .NET Framework Components to COM
        http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/cpguide/htm
        l/cpconexposingne tframeworkcompo nentstocom.asp

        Hope this helps.

        Regards,

        HuangTM
        Microsoft Online Partner Support
        MCSE/MCSD

        Get Secure! -- www.microsoft.com/security
        This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
        Regards,

        HuangTM
        Microsoft Online Partner Support
        MCSE/MCSD

        Get Secure! -- www.microsoft.com/security
        This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

        Comment

        • John Stemper

          #5
          Re: Accessing .net component from asp/vbscript

          The problem I was having is related to Knowledge Base article 813809. I am
          no longer having the issue and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks
          for all the feedback and assistance.

          John


          "John Stemper" <jstemper@antio ch.com> wrote in message
          news:O6WJDCiMEH A.620@TK2MSFTNG P10.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
          > So far I'm only able to get an enum that is in my class to be seen in the
          > com world.
          >
          >
          > "John Stemper" <jstemper@antio ch.com> wrote in message
          > news:uCBjoaeMEH A.3164@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...[color=green]
          > > I'm looking for some good articles or hints on accessing a .Net[/color][/color]
          component[color=blue][color=green]
          > > that I've written from old ASP/VBScript. I've gotten as far as[/color][/color]
          referencing[color=blue][color=green]
          > > the typelib in the global.asa file but when I try to create the object[/color][/color]
          in[color=blue][color=green]
          > > VBScript it doesn't seem to be able to see it. I've read a few of the
          > > online articles and followed the step by steps in some of them but some[/color]
          > key[color=green]
          > > fact seems to be missing.
          > >
          > > Any help would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > TIA
          > > John
          > >
          > >[/color]
          >
          >[/color]


          Comment

          Working...