.NET 2 release date

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mark Janssen

    #1

    .NET 2 release date

    Does anyone have any information about the .NET Framework v2 release date?
  • CT

    #2
    Re: .NET 2 release date

    Sometime in 2005 is the latest...

    --
    Carsten Thomsen
    Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF

    "Mark Janssen" <markjanssen@so fthome.net> wrote in message
    news:c6qu7m$5e5 $1@news1.tilbu1 .nb.home.nl...[color=blue]
    > Does anyone have any information about the .NET Framework v2 release date?[/color]


    Comment

    • CT

      #3
      Re: .NET 2 release date

      Sometime in 2005 is the latest...

      --
      Carsten Thomsen
      Enterprise Development with VS .NET, UML, and MSF

      "Mark Janssen" <markjanssen@so fthome.net> wrote in message
      news:c6qu7m$5e5 $1@news1.tilbu1 .nb.home.nl...[color=blue]
      > Does anyone have any information about the .NET Framework v2 release date?[/color]


      Comment

      • Mark Janssen

        #4
        Re: .NET 2 release date

        CT wrote:[color=blue]
        > Sometime in 2005 is the latest...
        >[/color]

        That sucks, I was hoping to use it on my new website :(.

        Mark

        Comment

        • Mark Janssen

          #5
          Re: .NET 2 release date

          CT wrote:[color=blue]
          > Sometime in 2005 is the latest...
          >[/color]

          That sucks, I was hoping to use it on my new website :(.

          Mark

          Comment

          • anon

            #6
            Re: .NET 2 release date

            Longhorn is delayed.....
            http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1546151,00.asp


            How about late 2005 or early 2006 for a reality check?


            There is nothing of significant R.O.I. in Yukon to justify the switch from
            SQL2000 to Yukon right now.

            Thus, it's a BIG "NOT ENOUGH!" that programmers can write .NET, C# and
            VB.NET code in SQL Server...

            just how many procedures need to be done that way to justify a $50,000 price
            tag? ZERO or many as many as I can count one one hand, 5?

            Unless, I port ALL my code into SQL Server, then I can see it as being
            significant.

            Whatever needs to be done is being done right now.

            Thus, why should I rewrite something that already works anyway?


            And before anyone even attempts to reply, state the R.O.I. where there is an
            existing SQL SErver 2000 and justify the switch and where it can't be done
            some else with the same COST.

            and don't feed me any of that XML nonsense....the only thing right now is
            BLOGS and that's it after 5 years of constant propaganda and that's FREE,
            which means zero profit.


            HIPPA can be done other ways beside XML and it's also a lot faster and
            simplier.

            XML was designed for "unknown" data, not KNOWN data structures like HIPPA

            Why should I describe something that I already know what it's going to be
            anyway? Get the point?








            "Mark Janssen" <markjanssen@so fthome.net> wrote in message
            news:c6rdtr$ndn $1@news5.tilbu1 .nb.home.nl...[color=blue]
            > CT wrote:[color=green]
            > > Sometime in 2005 is the latest...
            > >[/color]
            >
            > That sucks, I was hoping to use it on my new website :(.
            >
            > Mark[/color]


            Comment

            • anon

              #7
              Re: .NET 2 release date

              Longhorn is delayed.....
              http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1546151,00.asp


              How about late 2005 or early 2006 for a reality check?


              There is nothing of significant R.O.I. in Yukon to justify the switch from
              SQL2000 to Yukon right now.

              Thus, it's a BIG "NOT ENOUGH!" that programmers can write .NET, C# and
              VB.NET code in SQL Server...

              just how many procedures need to be done that way to justify a $50,000 price
              tag? ZERO or many as many as I can count one one hand, 5?

              Unless, I port ALL my code into SQL Server, then I can see it as being
              significant.

              Whatever needs to be done is being done right now.

              Thus, why should I rewrite something that already works anyway?


              And before anyone even attempts to reply, state the R.O.I. where there is an
              existing SQL SErver 2000 and justify the switch and where it can't be done
              some else with the same COST.

              and don't feed me any of that XML nonsense....the only thing right now is
              BLOGS and that's it after 5 years of constant propaganda and that's FREE,
              which means zero profit.


              HIPPA can be done other ways beside XML and it's also a lot faster and
              simplier.

              XML was designed for "unknown" data, not KNOWN data structures like HIPPA

              Why should I describe something that I already know what it's going to be
              anyway? Get the point?








              "Mark Janssen" <markjanssen@so fthome.net> wrote in message
              news:c6rdtr$ndn $1@news5.tilbu1 .nb.home.nl...[color=blue]
              > CT wrote:[color=green]
              > > Sometime in 2005 is the latest...
              > >[/color]
              >
              > That sucks, I was hoping to use it on my new website :(.
              >
              > Mark[/color]


              Comment

              • Willy Denoyette [MVP]

                #8
                Re: .NET 2 release date


                "anon" <anon@hotmail.c om> wrote in message
                news:%23d5I5DlL EHA.3696@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                > Longhorn is delayed.....
                > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1546151,00.asp
                >
                >
                > How about late 2005 or early 2006 for a reality check?
                >[/color]

                OP's question was about .NET v2, not Longhorn.

                Willy.


                Comment

                • Willy Denoyette [MVP]

                  #9
                  Re: .NET 2 release date


                  "anon" <anon@hotmail.c om> wrote in message
                  news:%23d5I5DlL EHA.3696@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                  > Longhorn is delayed.....
                  > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1546151,00.asp
                  >
                  >
                  > How about late 2005 or early 2006 for a reality check?
                  >[/color]

                  OP's question was about .NET v2, not Longhorn.

                  Willy.


                  Comment

                  • anon

                    #10
                    Re: .NET 2 release date

                    Longhorn uses the new sql server indexing, right? and the new sql server has
                    ..NET right? Longhorn depends on Yukon stuff anyway....MS is certainly not
                    going to use only sql 2000, but Yukon....

                    It's all related some way, some how, anyway....


                    "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
                    news:uilrP$oLEH A.2592@tk2msftn gp13.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                    >
                    > "anon" <anon@hotmail.c om> wrote in message
                    > news:%23d5I5DlL EHA.3696@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                    > > Longhorn is delayed.....
                    > > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1546151,00.asp
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > How about late 2005 or early 2006 for a reality check?
                    > >[/color]
                    >
                    > OP's question was about .NET v2, not Longhorn.
                    >
                    > Willy.
                    >
                    >[/color]


                    Comment

                    • anon

                      #11
                      Re: .NET 2 release date

                      Longhorn uses the new sql server indexing, right? and the new sql server has
                      ..NET right? Longhorn depends on Yukon stuff anyway....MS is certainly not
                      going to use only sql 2000, but Yukon....

                      It's all related some way, some how, anyway....


                      "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
                      news:uilrP$oLEH A.2592@tk2msftn gp13.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                      >
                      > "anon" <anon@hotmail.c om> wrote in message
                      > news:%23d5I5DlL EHA.3696@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                      > > Longhorn is delayed.....
                      > > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1546151,00.asp
                      > >
                      > >
                      > > How about late 2005 or early 2006 for a reality check?
                      > >[/color]
                      >
                      > OP's question was about .NET v2, not Longhorn.
                      >
                      > Willy.
                      >
                      >[/color]


                      Comment

                      • Miha Markic [MVP C#]

                        #12
                        Re: .NET 2 release date


                        "anon" <anon@hotmail.c om> wrote in message
                        news:erSGpAwLEH A.624@TK2MSFTNG P11.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                        > Longhorn uses the new sql server indexing, right? and the new sql server[/color]
                        has[color=blue]
                        > .NET right? Longhorn depends on Yukon stuff anyway....MS is certainly not
                        > going to use only sql 2000, but Yukon....
                        >
                        > It's all related some way, some how, anyway....[/color]

                        Yes, everything is related somehow ;-)

                        --
                        Miha Markic [MVP C#] - RightHand .NET consulting & software development
                        miha at rthand com



                        Comment

                        • Miha Markic [MVP C#]

                          #13
                          Re: .NET 2 release date


                          "anon" <anon@hotmail.c om> wrote in message
                          news:erSGpAwLEH A.624@TK2MSFTNG P11.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                          > Longhorn uses the new sql server indexing, right? and the new sql server[/color]
                          has[color=blue]
                          > .NET right? Longhorn depends on Yukon stuff anyway....MS is certainly not
                          > going to use only sql 2000, but Yukon....
                          >
                          > It's all related some way, some how, anyway....[/color]

                          Yes, everything is related somehow ;-)

                          --
                          Miha Markic [MVP C#] - RightHand .NET consulting & software development
                          miha at rthand com



                          Comment

                          Working...