Using C headers in C# Project

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Welch via .NET 247

    #1

    Using C headers in C# Project

    Hi All,

    I'm having a little trouble. I'm building a GUI frontend tocontrol a robot via an API supplied by the manufacturer. Allthe stuff i need to talk to the robot is in header files in C. My GUI is written in C# and i wanted to use the header files tocreate various connection objects and call methods (ie.setHeading( ) etc). I need to know how to get this C code intomy project, or if its even possible. Thanks

    --------------------------------
    From: Mike Welch

    -----------------------
    Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

    <Id>5IlCGU15F0C Dkf70VqUcRQ==</Id>
  • Mike Welch

    #2
    Re: Using C headers in C# Project

    Hi Mike Welch. I can't help you with your question (I'm still playing
    with eVC++ for PPC), but I just felt compelled to say hi.

    Regards,

    Mike Welch

    Mike Welch via .NET 247 <anonymous@dotn et247.com> wrote in message news:<OHdpG$OKE HA.2380@TK2MSFT NGP09.phx.gbl>. ..[color=blue]
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm having a little trouble. I'm building a GUI frontend to
    > control a robot via an API supplied by the manufacturer. All
    > the stuff i need to talk to the robot is in header files in C.
    > My GUI is written in C# and i wanted to use the header files to
    > create various connection objects and call methods (ie.
    > setHeading() etc). I need to know how to get this C code into
    > my project, or if its even possible. Thanks
    >
    > --------------------------------
    > From: Mike Welch
    >
    > -----------------------
    > Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
    >
    > <Id>5IlCGU15F0C Dkf70VqUcRQ==</Id>[/color]

    Comment

    • Mike Welch

      #3
      Re: Using C headers in C# Project

      Hi Mike Welch. I can't help you with your question (I'm still playing
      with eVC++ for PPC), but I just felt compelled to say hi.

      Regards,

      Mike Welch

      Mike Welch via .NET 247 <anonymous@dotn et247.com> wrote in message news:<OHdpG$OKE HA.2380@TK2MSFT NGP09.phx.gbl>. ..[color=blue]
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I'm having a little trouble. I'm building a GUI frontend to
      > control a robot via an API supplied by the manufacturer. All
      > the stuff i need to talk to the robot is in header files in C.
      > My GUI is written in C# and i wanted to use the header files to
      > create various connection objects and call methods (ie.
      > setHeading() etc). I need to know how to get this C code into
      > my project, or if its even possible. Thanks
      >
      > --------------------------------
      > From: Mike Welch
      >
      > -----------------------
      > Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)
      >
      > <Id>5IlCGU15F0C Dkf70VqUcRQ==</Id>[/color]

      Comment

      • Martin Robins

        #4
        Re: Using C headers in C# Project

        You will need to look at Interop services.

        "Mike Welch via .NET 247" <anonymous@dotn et247.com> wrote in message
        news:OHdpG$OKEH A.2380@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...
        Hi All,

        I'm having a little trouble. I'm building a GUI frontend to control a
        robot via an API supplied by the manufacturer. All the stuff i need to talk
        to the robot is in header files in C. My GUI is written in C# and i wanted
        to use the header files to create various connection objects and call
        methods (ie. setHeading() etc). I need to know how to get this C code into
        my project, or if its even possible. Thanks

        --------------------------------
        From: Mike Welch

        -----------------------
        Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

        <Id>5IlCGU15F0C Dkf70VqUcRQ==</Id>


        Comment

        • Martin Robins

          #5
          Re: Using C headers in C# Project

          You will need to look at Interop services.

          "Mike Welch via .NET 247" <anonymous@dotn et247.com> wrote in message
          news:OHdpG$OKEH A.2380@TK2MSFTN GP09.phx.gbl...
          Hi All,

          I'm having a little trouble. I'm building a GUI frontend to control a
          robot via an API supplied by the manufacturer. All the stuff i need to talk
          to the robot is in header files in C. My GUI is written in C# and i wanted
          to use the header files to create various connection objects and call
          methods (ie. setHeading() etc). I need to know how to get this C code into
          my project, or if its even possible. Thanks

          --------------------------------
          From: Mike Welch

          -----------------------
          Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/)

          <Id>5IlCGU15F0C Dkf70VqUcRQ==</Id>


          Comment

          Working...