Hello every one
I am using editable datagrid in my application. I set grid's allowpaging property to true. My application is not working properly. When I click on 'Edit' to modify any row, instead of making the row editable for user, PageIndexChange d event is fired and grid's current page is changed. When I click on next/previous page my current page is not chaning. Can any body help me what to do. My complete code is as under
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArg s) Handles MyBase.Loa
'Put user code to initialize the page her
loadgrid(
If Not Page.IsPostBack The
dgdata.CurrentP ageIndex =
End I
End Su
Sub loadgrid() 'this sub is to create the grid at runtime
Dim com As New SqlCommand(
Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter( "select * from tblissue", mycon
Dim ds As New DataSet(
Dim dc As New BoundColumn(
Dim ea As New EditCommandColu mn(
Dim i As Int3
da.Fill(ds, "tblissue"
dgdata.AutoGene rateColumns = Fals
dgdata.AllowPag ing = Tru
dgdata.PagerSty le.Mode = PagerMode.NextP re
dgdata.PageSize =
dgdata.DataSour ce = ds.Tables("tbli ssue"
ea.ButtonType = ButtonColumnTyp e.LinkButto
ea.EditText = "edit
ea.UpdateText = "update
ea.CancelText = "cancel
dgdata.Columns. Add(ea
For i = 0 To ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns. Count -
dc.DataField = ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns( i).ColumnNam
dc.HeaderText = ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns( i).Captio
dgdata.Columns. Add(dc
If (ds.Tables("tbl issue").Columns (i).ColumnName = "solved") Or (ds.Tables("tbl issue").Columns (i).ColumnName = "expectedda te") Or (ds.Tables("tbl issue").Columns (i).ColumnName = "expectedti me") The
dc.Visible = False 'to hide date/time colum
End I
If ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns( i).ColumnName = "issueid" Then dc.ReadOnly = True ' to lock ID colum
dc = New BoundColumn(
Nex
dgdata.DataBind (
End Su
'following sub is called in pageindexchange d event fire
Sub newpage(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal objArgs As DataGridPageCha ngedEventArgs
dgdata.EditItem Index = -1
dgdata.CurrentP ageIndex = objArgs.NewPage Inde
End Su
Sub editdg_EditComm and(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommand EventArgs
dgdata.EditItem Index = e.Item.ItemInde
dgdata.DataBind (
End Su
Sub canceldg_Cancel Command(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.W ebControls.Data GridCommandEven tArgs) Handles dgdata.CancelCo mman
dgdata.EditItem Index = -
dgdata.DataBind (
End Su
Plz guide m
Shail.
I am using editable datagrid in my application. I set grid's allowpaging property to true. My application is not working properly. When I click on 'Edit' to modify any row, instead of making the row editable for user, PageIndexChange d event is fired and grid's current page is changed. When I click on next/previous page my current page is not chaning. Can any body help me what to do. My complete code is as under
Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArg s) Handles MyBase.Loa
'Put user code to initialize the page her
loadgrid(
If Not Page.IsPostBack The
dgdata.CurrentP ageIndex =
End I
End Su
Sub loadgrid() 'this sub is to create the grid at runtime
Dim com As New SqlCommand(
Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter( "select * from tblissue", mycon
Dim ds As New DataSet(
Dim dc As New BoundColumn(
Dim ea As New EditCommandColu mn(
Dim i As Int3
da.Fill(ds, "tblissue"
dgdata.AutoGene rateColumns = Fals
dgdata.AllowPag ing = Tru
dgdata.PagerSty le.Mode = PagerMode.NextP re
dgdata.PageSize =
dgdata.DataSour ce = ds.Tables("tbli ssue"
ea.ButtonType = ButtonColumnTyp e.LinkButto
ea.EditText = "edit
ea.UpdateText = "update
ea.CancelText = "cancel
dgdata.Columns. Add(ea
For i = 0 To ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns. Count -
dc.DataField = ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns( i).ColumnNam
dc.HeaderText = ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns( i).Captio
dgdata.Columns. Add(dc
If (ds.Tables("tbl issue").Columns (i).ColumnName = "solved") Or (ds.Tables("tbl issue").Columns (i).ColumnName = "expectedda te") Or (ds.Tables("tbl issue").Columns (i).ColumnName = "expectedti me") The
dc.Visible = False 'to hide date/time colum
End I
If ds.Tables("tbli ssue").Columns( i).ColumnName = "issueid" Then dc.ReadOnly = True ' to lock ID colum
dc = New BoundColumn(
Nex
dgdata.DataBind (
End Su
'following sub is called in pageindexchange d event fire
Sub newpage(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal objArgs As DataGridPageCha ngedEventArgs
dgdata.EditItem Index = -1
dgdata.CurrentP ageIndex = objArgs.NewPage Inde
End Su
Sub editdg_EditComm and(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As DataGridCommand EventArgs
dgdata.EditItem Index = e.Item.ItemInde
dgdata.DataBind (
End Su
Sub canceldg_Cancel Command(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.W ebControls.Data GridCommandEven tArgs) Handles dgdata.CancelCo mman
dgdata.EditItem Index = -
dgdata.DataBind (
End Su
Plz guide m
Shail.