DDML examples or documentation anyone?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Hubbard

    #1

    DDML examples or documentation anyone?

    I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display Driver
    Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs - but just
    barely.

    It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
    pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included it
    specifically for this purpose
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a
    pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp
    lay_drivers.asp ).

    However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding any
    info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.

    I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may have
    seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available to
    anyone that wants it.

    Thanks!

    Jim Hubbard


  • Willy Denoyette [MVP]

    #2
    Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

    Please don't cross-post to non relevant NG's.

    Willy.

    "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
    news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=blue]
    > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display Driver
    > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs - but[/color]
    just[color=blue]
    > barely.
    >
    > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
    > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included it
    > specifically for this purpose
    >[/color]
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue]
    >[/color]
    pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue]
    > lay_drivers.asp ).
    >
    > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding any
    > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
    >
    > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may have
    > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available to
    > anyone that wants it.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Jim Hubbard
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Jim Hubbard

      #3
      Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

      This NG is not "non relevant" to a discussion about DDML.

      Please don't post if you have nothing relevant to add to the thread.

      Jim

      "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
      news:%23Zav3k02 DHA.560@TK2MSFT NGP11.phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
      > Please don't cross-post to non relevant NG's.
      >
      > Willy.
      >
      > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
      > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=green]
      > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display Driver
      > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs - but[/color]
      > just[color=green]
      > > barely.
      > >
      > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
      > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included it
      > > specifically for this purpose
      > >[/color]
      >[/color]
      (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green]
      > >[/color]
      >[/color]
      pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green]
      > > lay_drivers.asp ).
      > >
      > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding any
      > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
      > >
      > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may have
      > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available[/color][/color]
      to[color=blue][color=green]
      > > anyone that wants it.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Jim Hubbard
      > >
      > >[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Willy Denoyette [MVP]

        #4
        Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

        The following -
        microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l,microsoft.pub lic.dotnet.lang uages.csharp -
        have indeed nothing to do with DDK and DDML, so please trim your posting
        lists.


        Willy.


        "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
        news:YwtNb.2335 2$eq.1757@bigne ws6.bellsouth.n et...[color=blue]
        > This NG is not "non relevant" to a discussion about DDML.
        >
        > Please don't post if you have nothing relevant to add to the thread.
        >
        > Jim
        >
        > "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
        > news:%23Zav3k02 DHA.560@TK2MSFT NGP11.phx.gbl.. .[color=green]
        > > Please don't cross-post to non relevant NG's.
        > >
        > > Willy.
        > >
        > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
        > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=darkred]
        > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color][/color][/color]
        Driver[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs -[/color][/color][/color]
        but[color=blue][color=green]
        > > just[color=darkred]
        > > > barely.
        > > >
        > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
        > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included[/color][/color][/color]
        it[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > specifically for this purpose
        > > >[/color]
        > >[/color]
        >[/color]
        (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > > >[/color]
        > >[/color]
        >[/color]
        pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
        > > >
        > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding[/color][/color][/color]
        any[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
        > > >
        > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color][/color][/color]
        have[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available[/color][/color]
        > to[color=green][color=darkred]
        > > > anyone that wants it.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks!
        > > >
        > > > Jim Hubbard
        > > >
        > > >[/color]
        > >
        > >[/color]
        >
        >[/color]


        Comment

        • Jim Hubbard

          #5
          Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

          I do believe they cover "examples of using the DDML " using the relevant
          languages.

          Quit being an ass.



          "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
          news:u%23IRIY12 DHA.3224@tk2msf tngp13.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
          > The following -
          > microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l,microsoft.pub lic.dotnet.lang uages.csharp -
          > have indeed nothing to do with DDK and DDML, so please trim your posting
          > lists.
          >
          >
          > Willy.
          >
          >
          > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
          > news:YwtNb.2335 2$eq.1757@bigne ws6.bellsouth.n et...[color=green]
          > > This NG is not "non relevant" to a discussion about DDML.
          > >
          > > Please don't post if you have nothing relevant to add to the thread.
          > >
          > > Jim
          > >
          > > "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
          > > news:%23Zav3k02 DHA.560@TK2MSFT NGP11.phx.gbl.. .[color=darkred]
          > > > Please don't cross-post to non relevant NG's.
          > > >
          > > > Willy.
          > > >
          > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
          > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
          > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color][/color]
          > Driver[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs -[/color][/color]
          > but[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > just
          > > > > barely.
          > > > >
          > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
          > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included[/color][/color]
          > it[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > > specifically for this purpose
          > > > >
          > > >[/color]
          > >[/color]
          >[/color]
          (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > >
          > > >[/color]
          > >[/color]
          >[/color]
          pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
          > > > >
          > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding[/color][/color]
          > any[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
          > > > >
          > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color][/color]
          > have[color=green][color=darkred]
          > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color][/color][/color]
          available[color=blue][color=green]
          > > to[color=darkred]
          > > > > anyone that wants it.
          > > > >
          > > > > Thanks!
          > > > >
          > > > > Jim Hubbard
          > > > >
          > > > >
          > > >
          > > >[/color]
          > >
          > >[/color]
          >
          >[/color]


          Comment

          • Willy Denoyette [MVP]

            #6
            Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

            The only language used by the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs is MSFT C/C++ , none
            of the managed languages (like C# or VB.NET) can be used in this context.

            Willy.

            "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
            news:OKCNb.549$ %86.61@bignews4 .bellsouth.net. ..[color=blue]
            > I do believe they cover "examples of using the DDML " using the relevant
            > languages.
            >
            > Quit being an ass.
            >
            >
            >
            > "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
            > news:u%23IRIY12 DHA.3224@tk2msf tngp13.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
            > > The following -
            > >[/color][/color]
            microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l,microsoft.pub lic.dotnet.lang uages.csharp -[color=blue][color=green]
            > > have indeed nothing to do with DDK and DDML, so please trim your posting
            > > lists.
            > >
            > >
            > > Willy.
            > >
            > >
            > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
            > > news:YwtNb.2335 2$eq.1757@bigne ws6.bellsouth.n et...[color=darkred]
            > > > This NG is not "non relevant" to a discussion about DDML.
            > > >
            > > > Please don't post if you have nothing relevant to add to the thread.
            > > >
            > > > Jim
            > > >
            > > > "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
            > > > news:%23Zav3k02 DHA.560@TK2MSFT NGP11.phx.gbl.. .
            > > > > Please don't cross-post to non relevant NG's.
            > > > >
            > > > > Willy.
            > > > >
            > > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
            > > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
            > > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color]
            > > Driver[color=darkred]
            > > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003[/color][/color][/color]
            DDKs -[color=blue][color=green]
            > > but[color=darkred]
            > > > > just
            > > > > > barely.
            > > > > >
            > > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
            > > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS[/color][/color][/color]
            included[color=blue][color=green]
            > > it[color=darkred]
            > > > > > specifically for this purpose
            > > > > >
            > > > >
            > > >[/color]
            > >[/color]
            >[/color]
            (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
            > > > > >
            > > > >
            > > >[/color]
            > >[/color]
            >[/color]
            pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
            > > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
            > > > > >
            > > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or[/color][/color][/color]
            finding[color=blue][color=green]
            > > any[color=darkred]
            > > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
            > > > > >
            > > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color]
            > > have[color=darkred]
            > > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color][/color]
            > available[color=green][color=darkred]
            > > > to
            > > > > > anyone that wants it.
            > > > > >
            > > > > > Thanks!
            > > > > >
            > > > > > Jim Hubbard
            > > > > >
            > > > > >
            > > > >
            > > > >
            > > >
            > > >[/color]
            > >
            > >[/color]
            >
            >[/color]


            Comment

            • Jim Hubbard

              #7
              Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

              And where do most C# programmers come from? Visual Basic? No. Java? No.
              C++? Well, yes!

              Seeing as how many C# developers were skilled in C++ prior to their new
              language, it is entirely logical to seek their assistance in this newsgroup.
              When you want to get help from knowledgeable people, you go where they are.

              Now, go away. I'm tired of thinking for you.


              "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
              news:eomrqw62DH A.2060@TK2MSFTN GP10.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
              > The only language used by the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs is MSFT C/C++ , none
              > of the managed languages (like C# or VB.NET) can be used in this context.
              >
              > Willy.
              >
              > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
              > news:OKCNb.549$ %86.61@bignews4 .bellsouth.net. ..[color=green]
              > > I do believe they cover "examples of using the DDML " using the[/color][/color]
              relevant[color=blue][color=green]
              > > languages.
              > >
              > > Quit being an ass.
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in message
              > > news:u%23IRIY12 DHA.3224@tk2msf tngp13.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
              > > > The following -
              > > >[/color][/color]
              > microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l,microsoft.pub lic.dotnet.lang uages.csharp -[color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > have indeed nothing to do with DDK and DDML, so please trim your[/color][/color][/color]
              posting[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > lists.
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > Willy.
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
              > > > news:YwtNb.2335 2$eq.1757@bigne ws6.bellsouth.n et...
              > > > > This NG is not "non relevant" to a discussion about DDML.
              > > > >
              > > > > Please don't post if you have nothing relevant to add to the thread.
              > > > >
              > > > > Jim
              > > > >
              > > > > "Willy Denoyette [MVP]" <willy.denoyett e@pandora.be> wrote in[/color][/color][/color]
              message[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > > news:%23Zav3k02 DHA.560@TK2MSFT NGP11.phx.gbl.. .
              > > > > > Please don't cross-post to non relevant NG's.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > Willy.
              > > > > >
              > > > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
              > > > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
              > > > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML[/color][/color][/color]
              (Display[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > Driver
              > > > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003[/color][/color]
              > DDKs -[color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > but
              > > > > > just
              > > > > > > barely.
              > > > > > >
              > > > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another[/color][/color][/color]
              (like[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS[/color][/color]
              > included[color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > it
              > > > > > > specifically for this purpose
              > > > > > >
              > > > > >
              > > > >
              > > >[/color]
              > >[/color]
              >[/color]
              (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > > > >
              > > > > >
              > > > >
              > > >[/color]
              > >[/color]
              >[/color]
              pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
              > > > > > >
              > > > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or[/color][/color]
              > finding[color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > any
              > > > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
              > > > > > >
              > > > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you[/color][/color][/color]
              may[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > have
              > > > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color]
              > > available[color=darkred]
              > > > > to
              > > > > > > anyone that wants it.
              > > > > > >
              > > > > > > Thanks!
              > > > > > >
              > > > > > > Jim Hubbard
              > > > > > >
              > > > > > >
              > > > > >
              > > > > >
              > > > >
              > > > >
              > > >
              > > >[/color]
              > >
              > >[/color]
              >
              >[/color]


              Comment

              • gregory_may

                #8
                Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                Jim:

                Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something like
                this as well.

                g.

                "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=blue]
                > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display Driver
                > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs - but[/color]
                just[color=blue]
                > barely.
                >
                > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included it
                > specifically for this purpose
                >[/color]
                (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue]
                >[/color]
                pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue]
                > lay_drivers.asp ).
                >
                > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding any
                > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                >
                > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may have
                > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available to
                > anyone that wants it.
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Jim Hubbard
                >
                >[/color]


                Comment

                • Jim Hubbard

                  #9
                  Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                  No luck yet.

                  I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.

                  Jim

                  "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                  news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                  > Jim:
                  >
                  > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something like
                  > this as well.
                  >
                  > g.
                  >
                  > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                  > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=green]
                  > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display Driver
                  > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs - but[/color]
                  > just[color=green]
                  > > barely.
                  > >
                  > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                  > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included it
                  > > specifically for this purpose
                  > >[/color]
                  >[/color]
                  (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green]
                  > >[/color]
                  >[/color]
                  pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green]
                  > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                  > >
                  > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding any
                  > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                  > >
                  > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may have
                  > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available[/color][/color]
                  to[color=blue][color=green]
                  > > anyone that wants it.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > >
                  > > Jim Hubbard
                  > >
                  > >[/color]
                  >
                  >[/color]


                  Comment

                  • Jim Hubbard

                    #10
                    Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                    Make that "Visual C++ .Net"........ (damned spell checker)


                    "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                    news:b3gPb.3945 8$R85.27471@big news3.bellsouth .net...[color=blue]
                    > No luck yet.
                    >
                    > I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.
                    >
                    > Jim
                    >
                    > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                    > news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                    > > Jim:
                    > >
                    > > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something[/color][/color]
                    like[color=blue][color=green]
                    > > this as well.
                    > >
                    > > g.
                    > >
                    > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                    > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=darkred]
                    > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color][/color][/color]
                    Driver[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs -[/color][/color][/color]
                    but[color=blue][color=green]
                    > > just[color=darkred]
                    > > > barely.
                    > > >
                    > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                    > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included[/color][/color][/color]
                    it[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > specifically for this purpose
                    > > >[/color]
                    > >[/color]
                    >[/color]
                    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > >[/color]
                    > >[/color]
                    >[/color]
                    pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                    > > >
                    > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding[/color][/color][/color]
                    any[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                    > > >
                    > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color][/color][/color]
                    have[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available[/color][/color]
                    > to[color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > anyone that wants it.
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks!
                    > > >
                    > > > Jim Hubbard
                    > > >
                    > > >[/color]
                    > >
                    > >[/color]
                    >
                    >[/color]


                    Comment

                    • gregory_may

                      #11
                      Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                      Just curious what your application is?

                      Greg.

                      "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                      news:p4gPb.3946 3$R85.6893@bign ews3.bellsouth. net...[color=blue]
                      > Make that "Visual C++ .Net"........ (damned spell checker)
                      >
                      >
                      > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                      > news:b3gPb.3945 8$R85.27471@big news3.bellsouth .net...[color=green]
                      > > No luck yet.
                      > >
                      > > I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.
                      > >
                      > > Jim
                      > >
                      > > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                      > > news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
                      > > > Jim:
                      > > >
                      > > > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something[/color][/color]
                      > like[color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > this as well.
                      > > >
                      > > > g.
                      > > >
                      > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                      > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
                      > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color][/color]
                      > Driver[color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs -[/color][/color]
                      > but[color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > just
                      > > > > barely.
                      > > > >
                      > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                      > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included[/color][/color]
                      > it[color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > > specifically for this purpose
                      > > > >
                      > > >[/color]
                      > >[/color]
                      >[/color]
                      (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > >
                      > > >[/color]
                      > >[/color]
                      >[/color]
                      pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                      > > > >
                      > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding[/color][/color]
                      > any[color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                      > > > >
                      > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color][/color]
                      > have[color=green][color=darkred]
                      > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color][/color][/color]
                      available[color=blue][color=green]
                      > > to[color=darkred]
                      > > > > anyone that wants it.
                      > > > >
                      > > > > Thanks!
                      > > > >
                      > > > > Jim Hubbard
                      > > > >
                      > > > >
                      > > >
                      > > >[/color]
                      > >
                      > >[/color]
                      >
                      >[/color]


                      Comment

                      • gregory_may

                        #12
                        Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                        Did you find any starting place?

                        I was going to download the SDK but wansnt sure if there was anything good
                        in it.

                        g.

                        "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                        news:b3gPb.3945 8$R85.27471@big news3.bellsouth .net...[color=blue]
                        > No luck yet.
                        >
                        > I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.
                        >
                        > Jim
                        >
                        > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                        > news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                        > > Jim:
                        > >
                        > > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something[/color][/color]
                        like[color=blue][color=green]
                        > > this as well.
                        > >
                        > > g.
                        > >
                        > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                        > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...[color=darkred]
                        > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color][/color][/color]
                        Driver[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs -[/color][/color][/color]
                        but[color=blue][color=green]
                        > > just[color=darkred]
                        > > > barely.
                        > > >
                        > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                        > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included[/color][/color][/color]
                        it[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > > specifically for this purpose
                        > > >[/color]
                        > >[/color]
                        >[/color]
                        (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > >[/color]
                        > >[/color]
                        >[/color]
                        pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                        > > >
                        > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding[/color][/color][/color]
                        any[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                        > > >
                        > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color][/color][/color]
                        have[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it available[/color][/color]
                        > to[color=green][color=darkred]
                        > > > anyone that wants it.
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks!
                        > > >
                        > > > Jim Hubbard
                        > > >
                        > > >[/color]
                        > >
                        > >[/color]
                        >
                        >[/color]


                        Comment

                        • Jim Hubbard

                          #13
                          Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                          A GoToMyPC clone.

                          But, I have found a way to do it for 2000/XP computers without writing my
                          own GoToMyPC.




                          "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                          news:%23Wt%23ke 73DHA.3656@TK2M SFTNGP11.phx.gb l...[color=blue]
                          > Just curious what your application is?
                          >
                          > Greg.
                          >
                          > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                          > news:p4gPb.3946 3$R85.6893@bign ews3.bellsouth. net...[color=green]
                          > > Make that "Visual C++ .Net"........ (damned spell checker)
                          > >
                          > >
                          > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                          > > news:b3gPb.3945 8$R85.27471@big news3.bellsouth .net...[color=darkred]
                          > > > No luck yet.
                          > > >
                          > > > I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.
                          > > >
                          > > > Jim
                          > > >
                          > > > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                          > > > news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..
                          > > > > Jim:
                          > > > >
                          > > > > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something[/color]
                          > > like[color=darkred]
                          > > > > this as well.
                          > > > >
                          > > > > g.
                          > > > >
                          > > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                          > > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
                          > > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color]
                          > > Driver[color=darkred]
                          > > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003[/color][/color][/color]
                          DDKs -[color=blue][color=green]
                          > > but[color=darkred]
                          > > > > just
                          > > > > > barely.
                          > > > > >
                          > > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                          > > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS[/color][/color][/color]
                          included[color=blue][color=green]
                          > > it[color=darkred]
                          > > > > > specifically for this purpose
                          > > > > >
                          > > > >
                          > > >[/color]
                          > >[/color]
                          >[/color]
                          (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                          > > > > >
                          > > > >
                          > > >[/color]
                          > >[/color]
                          >[/color]
                          pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                          > > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                          > > > > >
                          > > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or[/color][/color][/color]
                          finding[color=blue][color=green]
                          > > any[color=darkred]
                          > > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                          > > > > >
                          > > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color]
                          > > have[color=darkred]
                          > > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color][/color]
                          > available[color=green][color=darkred]
                          > > > to
                          > > > > > anyone that wants it.
                          > > > > >
                          > > > > > Thanks!
                          > > > > >
                          > > > > > Jim Hubbard
                          > > > > >
                          > > > > >
                          > > > >
                          > > > >
                          > > >
                          > > >[/color]
                          > >
                          > >[/color]
                          >
                          >[/color]


                          Comment

                          • Jim Hubbard

                            #14
                            Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?

                            You need to search the DDK (not SDK) for DDML and "Display Driver Management
                            Level". You don't even need to buy the DDK from MS either....just go here
                            http://www.osr.com/ddk/ddk2.htm . They have the DDK in a searchable format
                            online with Microsoft's permission.

                            If you find something (I saw over 9000 entries in one of my searches) please
                            let me know.

                            "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                            news:ODILB873DH A.1504@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                            > Did you find any starting place?
                            >
                            > I was going to download the SDK but wansnt sure if there was anything good
                            > in it.
                            >
                            > g.
                            >
                            > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                            > news:b3gPb.3945 8$R85.27471@big news3.bellsouth .net...[color=green]
                            > > No luck yet.
                            > >
                            > > I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.
                            > >
                            > > Jim
                            > >
                            > > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                            > > news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
                            > > > Jim:
                            > > >
                            > > > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something[/color][/color]
                            > like[color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > this as well.
                            > > >
                            > > > g.
                            > > >
                            > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                            > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
                            > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color][/color]
                            > Driver[color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003 DDKs -[/color][/color]
                            > but[color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > just
                            > > > > barely.
                            > > > >
                            > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                            > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS included[/color][/color]
                            > it[color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > > specifically for this purpose
                            > > > >
                            > > >[/color]
                            > >[/color]
                            >[/color]
                            (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > >
                            > > >[/color]
                            > >[/color]
                            >[/color]
                            pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                            > > > >
                            > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or finding[/color][/color]
                            > any[color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                            > > > >
                            > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color][/color]
                            > have[color=green][color=darkred]
                            > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color][/color][/color]
                            available[color=blue][color=green]
                            > > to[color=darkred]
                            > > > > anyone that wants it.
                            > > > >
                            > > > > Thanks!
                            > > > >
                            > > > > Jim Hubbard
                            > > > >
                            > > > >
                            > > >
                            > > >[/color]
                            > >
                            > >[/color]
                            >
                            >[/color]


                            Comment

                            • gregory_may

                              #15
                              Re: DDML examples or documentation anyone?



                              Looked interesting.

                              Here is my email:
                              gregory_may@SPA MAWAYhotmail.co m

                              Drop me a note, I have a few off line questions around this topic.

                              "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                              news:j7%Pb.7158 $DX.4920@bignew s3.bellsouth.ne t...[color=blue]
                              > You need to search the DDK (not SDK) for DDML and "Display Driver[/color]
                              Management[color=blue]
                              > Level". You don't even need to buy the DDK from MS either....just go here
                              > http://www.osr.com/ddk/ddk2.htm . They have the DDK in a searchable[/color]
                              format[color=blue]
                              > online with Microsoft's permission.
                              >
                              > If you find something (I saw over 9000 entries in one of my searches)[/color]
                              please[color=blue]
                              > let me know.
                              >
                              > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                              > news:ODILB873DH A.1504@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=green]
                              > > Did you find any starting place?
                              > >
                              > > I was going to download the SDK but wansnt sure if there was anything[/color][/color]
                              good[color=blue][color=green]
                              > > in it.
                              > >
                              > > g.
                              > >
                              > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                              > > news:b3gPb.3945 8$R85.27471@big news3.bellsouth .net...[color=darkred]
                              > > > No luck yet.
                              > > >
                              > > > I am trying to learn Visual CO++ .Net so that I can do it myself.
                              > > >
                              > > > Jim
                              > > >
                              > > > "gregory_ma y" <None> wrote in message
                              > > > news:uGw3%23ru3 DHA.2168@TK2MSF TNGP12.phx.gbl. ..
                              > > > > Jim:
                              > > > >
                              > > > > Any Luck finding examples of this I have been looking for something[/color]
                              > > like[color=darkred]
                              > > > > this as well.
                              > > > >
                              > > > > g.
                              > > > >
                              > > > > "Jim Hubbard" <1@2.com> wrote in message
                              > > > > news:GXeNb.3357 0$v16.28674@big news5.bellsouth .net...
                              > > > > > I am looking for documentation and code examples on DDML (Display[/color]
                              > > Driver[color=darkred]
                              > > > > > Management Level). It is mentioned in the 2000, XP and 2003[/color][/color][/color]
                              DDKs -[color=blue][color=green]
                              > > but[color=darkred]
                              > > > > just
                              > > > > > barely.
                              > > > > >
                              > > > > > It has to do with mirroring a display from one PC to another (like
                              > > > > > pcAnywhere, Citrix, MS RDC and GoToMyPC does). In fact, MS[/color][/color][/color]
                              included[color=blue][color=green]
                              > > it[color=darkred]
                              > > > > > specifically for this purpose
                              > > > > >
                              > > > >
                              > > >[/color]
                              > >[/color]
                              >[/color]
                              (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/apcompat/a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > > > > >
                              > > > >
                              > > >[/color]
                              > >[/color]
                              >[/color]
                              pcompat/use_the_display _driver_managem ent_level_ddml_ to_enable_multi ple_disp[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > > > > > lay_drivers.asp ).
                              > > > > >
                              > > > > > However, it seems that finding examples of using the DDML or[/color][/color][/color]
                              finding[color=blue][color=green]
                              > > any[color=darkred]
                              > > > > > info on using the DDML is proving quite difficult.
                              > > > > >
                              > > > > > I would appreciate any code examples or documentation that you may[/color]
                              > > have[color=darkred]
                              > > > > > seen. Once I have compiled my documentation, I will make it[/color][/color]
                              > available[color=green][color=darkred]
                              > > > to
                              > > > > > anyone that wants it.
                              > > > > >
                              > > > > > Thanks!
                              > > > > >
                              > > > > > Jim Hubbard
                              > > > > >
                              > > > > >
                              > > > >
                              > > > >
                              > > >
                              > > >[/color]
                              > >
                              > >[/color]
                              >
                              >[/color]


                              Comment

                              Working...