Calling .NET from VB

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Neil Penn

    #1

    Calling .NET from VB

    I need to be able to call some .NET code from an old VB application.

    Looking around on MSDN it looks like I should expose the .NET code as a COM
    object and access the COM object from Visual Basic.

    Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Is this the best strategy or
    is there another way to do it?

    Thanks



  • José Joye

    #2
    Re: Calling .NET from VB

    You may get a sample there:



    José
    "Neil Penn" <neil.penn@btin ternet.com> wrote in message
    news:uKDxARn2DH A.3224@tk2msftn gp13.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > I need to be able to call some .NET code from an old VB application.
    >
    > Looking around on MSDN it looks like I should expose the .NET code as a[/color]
    COM[color=blue]
    > object and access the COM object from Visual Basic.
    >
    > Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Is this the best strategy[/color]
    or[color=blue]
    > is there another way to do it?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Ian

      #3
      Re: Calling .NET from VB

      Your options are to either expose your .NET objects via a COM-callable
      wrapper (use tlbexp.exe for this) or expose a web service. These offer very
      different pros and cons.

      Ian

      "Neil Penn" <neil.penn@btin ternet.com> wrote in message
      news:uKDxARn2DH A.3224@tk2msftn gp13.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > I need to be able to call some .NET code from an old VB application.
      >
      > Looking around on MSDN it looks like I should expose the .NET code as a[/color]
      COM[color=blue]
      > object and access the COM object from Visual Basic.
      >
      > Does anyone have any experience of doing this? Is this the best strategy[/color]
      or[color=blue]
      > is there another way to do it?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Mike

        #4
        Re: Calling .NET from VB

        Check out

        Hours of .Net and Sql Server videos for $20

        Comment

        Working...