winform timers

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Michael Huslig

    #1

    winform timers

    I have a C++.net user control which has two winform timers in it. When the
    'poll' timer ticks, it stops itself, sends out a poll, and starts a 'retry'
    timer. When the response to the poll (or an independant response) is
    received, the poll timer and retry timer are stopped and the poll timer is
    started again. If the retry timer times out, the poll is resent. This
    control is put on seperate tab pages which can be added or deleted by the
    end user.

    The problem I have seems to be if I start and stop a timer, I no longer get
    any more tick events.

    Mike


  • Michael Huslig

    #2
    Re: winform timers

    I meant to say that if I stop the timer and then start it again, I no longer
    get any more tick events.

    Mike

    "Michael Huslig" <mhuslig@kantro nics.com> wrote in message
    news:OY%23tLVe2 DHA.308@TK2MSFT NGP11.phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
    > I have a C++.net user control which has two winform timers in it. When[/color]
    the[color=blue]
    > 'poll' timer ticks, it stops itself, sends out a poll, and starts a[/color]
    'retry'[color=blue]
    > timer. When the response to the poll (or an independant response) is
    > received, the poll timer and retry timer are stopped and the poll timer is
    > started again. If the retry timer times out, the poll is resent. This
    > control is put on seperate tab pages which can be added or deleted by the
    > end user.
    >
    > The problem I have seems to be if I start and stop a timer, I no longer[/color]
    get[color=blue]
    > any more tick events.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Michael Huslig

      #3
      Re: winform timers


      Never Mind!

      I got the System::Timers to work.

      Mike


      Comment

      Working...