MSVS .NET update help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ivan D

    #1

    MSVS .NET update help

    Hi, I have MSVS .NET
    Microsoft Dev Environment 2002 v 7.0.9466
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 v 1.0.3705

    I know this is not up to date because when I open sample
    C# projects it tells me they have been made in later
    versions of MSVS, so I run my update. When I run the
    update the first time, it gives me an error:
    "VS .NET setup encountered errors while attempting to
    download required files. Check your Web browser config...
    try again"
    When I try again any number of times after the first time
    it says: "No new Service Releases are available, Your
    System is up-to-date" Which is just a cruel lie.

    Can I manually download the proper patch for MSVS .NET?
    Samples are no good if you can see them :), and Id like to
    stay up to date.
    Thanks!
  • phoenix

    #2
    Re: MSVS .NET update help

    Ivan,

    the samples you try to view are probably made using VS.Net 2003. You can't
    upgrade to that without buying a new copy AFAIK. There's a convert utility
    at http://www.codeproject.com/macro/vsconvert.asp which you can run to
    convert 2003 sln back to 2002.

    HTH

    Yves

    "Ivan D" <rudolfantler@h otmail.com> schreef in bericht
    news:030701c3cd 5f$e426a170$a00 1280a@phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
    > Hi, I have MSVS .NET
    > Microsoft Dev Environment 2002 v 7.0.9466
    > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 v 1.0.3705
    >
    > I know this is not up to date because when I open sample
    > C# projects it tells me they have been made in later
    > versions of MSVS, so I run my update. When I run the
    > update the first time, it gives me an error:
    > "VS .NET setup encountered errors while attempting to
    > download required files. Check your Web browser config...
    > try again"
    > When I try again any number of times after the first time
    > it says: "No new Service Releases are available, Your
    > System is up-to-date" Which is just a cruel lie.
    >
    > Can I manually download the proper patch for MSVS .NET?
    > Samples are no good if you can see them :), and Id like to
    > stay up to date.
    > Thanks![/color]


    Comment

    Working...