fail to install assembly framework 2.0 system error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?Utf-8?B?cm1m?=

    #1

    fail to install assembly framework 2.0 system error

    I got a trojan win 32 virus and had to do a system recovery. Afterwards, I
    had problems with .net framework 2.0. I tried to reinstall it on windows
    update and got *** error 25015 failed to install assembly
    'c:\windows\mic rosoft.net\fram ework\v2.0.5072 7\microsoft.vis ualbasic.vsa.dl l'
    because of system error; 0x80131107. I thought that if I uninstall the
    framework programs of 1.1 & 2.0 and reinstall them, I'd be o.k., but received
    the same exact problem. I don't have original disc that framework was
    aquired from. NEED HELP !!!! If anyone can, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    thanks, rmf
  • Leon Mayne

    #2
    Re: fail to install assembly framework 2.0 system error

    "rmf" <rmf@discussion s.microsoft.com wrote in message
    news:C82C0047-B1A3-43F3-B8A1-0273DC5AEB81@mi crosoft.com...
    >I got a trojan win 32 virus and had to do a system recovery. Afterwards, I
    had problems with .net framework 2.0. I tried to reinstall it on windows
    update and got *** error 25015 failed to install assembly
    'c:\windows\mic rosoft.net\fram ework\v2.0.5072 7\microsoft.vis ualbasic.vsa.dl l'
    because of system error; 0x80131107. I thought that if I uninstall the
    framework programs of 1.1 & 2.0 and reinstall them, I'd be o.k., but
    received
    the same exact problem. I don't have original disc that framework was
    aquired from. NEED HELP !!!! If anyone can, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    thanks, rmf
    Make sure the framework is completely uninstalled in Control Panel / Add or
    Remove Programs, and then download and reinstall it from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

    Comment

    • Leon Mayne

      #3
      Re: fail to install assembly framework 2.0 system error

      "Leon Mayne" <leon@rmv_me.mv ps.orgwrote in message
      news:170771DE-EA76-969E_D093-E90B0709F0B2@mi crosoft.com...
      <snipped crap>

      Anyone know what all these posts are about? They don't seem to be
      advertising, advocating or promoting anything. Spammer with an especially
      low IQ?

      Comment

      Working...