Connect to SQL Server 05 Express Edition from Visual Basic

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • isabella o nell
    New Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 6

    #1

    Connect to SQL Server 05 Express Edition from Visual Basic

    Hi.

    I am trying to connect to SQL Server 05 Express Edition from Visual Basic.

    In VB I went to data... add new data source... database. Then I selected "personal_organ iserConnectionS tring(MySetting s)" Personal_organi ser is the name of my database, and is the only choice I'm given here. I presume I don't make a new connection as this is what I want to connect to. I then selected the database objects which I wanted in my dataset. It worked as "personal_organ iserDataset1.xs d" is now showing in the solution explorer. However I know I must put code somewhere?

    [CODE=vbnet]Imports System.Data.Sql Client


    Public Class frmSelection
    Data Source=.\SQLEXP RESS;cny200;Ini tial Catalog=persona l_organiser;Int egrated Security=True
    [/CODE]

    This is all I have. It is not correct. Can somebody please help me? I've wasted a whole day and got nowhere. :-(

    Thanks
    Last edited by Killer42; Jan 4 '08, 01:59 AM. Reason: Generally tidied up, added CODE=vbnet tag
  • Dököll
    Recognized Expert Top Contributor
    • Nov 2006
    • 2379

    #2
    Originally posted by isabella o nell
    Hi.

    I am trying to connect to SQL Server 05 Express Edition from Visual Basic.

    In VB I went to data... add new data source... database. Then I selected "personal_organ iserConnectionS tring(MySetting s)" Personal_organi ser is the name of my database, and is the only choice I'm given here. I presume I don't make a new connection as this is what I want to connect to. I then selected the database objects which I wanted in my dataset. It worked as "personal_organ iserDataset1.xs d" is now showing in the solution explorer. However I know I must put code somewhere?

    [CODE=vbnet]Imports System.Data.Sql Client


    Public Class frmSelection
    Data Source=.\SQLEXP RESS;cny200;Ini tial Catalog=persona l_organiser;Int egrated Security=True
    [/CODE]

    This is all I have. It is not correct. Can somebody please help me? I've wasted a whole day and got nowhere. :-(

    Thanks
    Hello, isabella o nell!

    Please stay tuned, I am actually working on a project that involves Web Dev 2005 Express and SQL EXPRESS 2005, perhaps we can compare notes...

    For the time being, I will add your post to the .NET area for added support.
    You know how to find me...

    In a bit!

    Dököll

    Comment

    Working...