Custom File Attribute

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • riyazwalikar
    New Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 3

    #1

    Custom File Attribute

    Hey ppl, I'm want to develop an application that will add an attribute (eg. "PROTECTED" ) to any file i want. Such a file will then be monitored by this application (which runs in the background) for any changes (copy, modify, delete).

    My difficulty is: I have no clue how you would add a custom attribute to a file, something like mp3 tags or MSWord summary.

    It may not necessarily be a file attrib, but even extended info like Revision Number or something.. Something in VB.NET...

    I'll be darned damn grateful... coz its got me stumped!! Lol..
  • riyazwalikar
    New Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 3

    #2
    Hey got it working.. me now using ADS on NTFS to attach a 0 byte file with the Name 'Protected'. Still thinking what to do about FAT systems...

    Comment

    Working...