GetAllRoles returning empty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mazdotnet

    #1

    GetAllRoles returning empty

    Hi,

    I just started using the new asp.net sqlMembershipPr ovider (users and
    roles) which works great. However, I'm testing my application on
    Windows XP and I'm getting different list of roles
    (Roles.GetAllRo les()) when my application runs locally using

    http://localhost/mysite/page1.aspx vs. http://localhost/page1.aspx

    If I add roles to http://localhost/mysite/page1.aspx, I can't see them
    in http://localhost/page1.aspx and vice versa even though it's the
    application. I know this is dependant on applicationName in my
    web.config file which is currently applicationName = 'mysite'. But for
    my local testing I change 'Default Web Site' folder to the root of
    http://localhost/mysite so that I can go from one page to another
    easily by referencing pages relative to /.

    Why is this happening? How can I run this on the production server? I
    need to copy our entire database from production server on windows
    2003 to Windows XP and work on it locally but if I can't see the data
    then it's kind of useless. I know I'm missing something here :)



    Thanks
    M

Working...