XML based language for defining web based user interfaces

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Christofer Dutz

    #1

    XML based language for defining web based user interfaces

    Hi,

    I am working on a practical university project and its our job to define
    a xml-based language for describing web based user interfaces. One
    special thing is that it should be possible to have workflowas included
    in the definition. For example, if someone selects an option this has an
    effect on the other options the user is presented. Our first assignment
    was to have a look at what already exists. After googling a while I
    could find several projects working on stuff like this. Unfortunately
    some are already dead, some are used on the browser-side and some are
    mainly used for gui user interfaces.

    I would like to ask you, if there is any project which doesn't only
    promise the world, but also provide the functionailty we need in real use.

    Ff there are attempts that only provide part of the functionaility, that
    would be a great starting point. Does anyone here in this list have some
    links he can give me?

    Christofer Dutz

  • Peter Hickman

    #2
    Re: XML based language for defining web based user interfaces

    You might look at this



    which uses xml to deliver the gui for an app over the internet.

    Comment

    • Iain

      #3
      Re: XML based language for defining web based user interfaces

      I believe that the InfoPath component of Office 2003 does something like
      this.

      Basically, you can specify a form in XML which includes the various options
      and I believe even some aspects of workflow.

      I have never used it and may be way out of order!

      Iain
      "Christofer Dutz" <dutz@c-ware.de> wrote in message
      news:bqkghb$2js $06$1@news.t-online.com...[color=blue]
      > Hi,
      >
      > I am working on a practical university project and its our job to define
      > a xml-based language for describing web based user interfaces. One
      > special thing is that it should be possible to have workflowas included
      > in the definition. For example, if someone selects an option this has an
      > effect on the other options the user is presented. Our first assignment
      > was to have a look at what already exists. After googling a while I
      > could find several projects working on stuff like this. Unfortunately
      > some are already dead, some are used on the browser-side and some are
      > mainly used for gui user interfaces.
      >
      > I would like to ask you, if there is any project which doesn't only
      > promise the world, but also provide the functionailty we need in real use.
      >
      > Ff there are attempts that only provide part of the functionaility, that
      > would be a great starting point. Does anyone here in this list have some
      > links he can give me?
      >
      > Christofer Dutz
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • Christofer Dutz

        #4
        Re: XML based language for defining web based user interfaces

        Ufff ... I just had a look at the InfoPath stuf ... it seems that this
        does exactly what our project shoul do and goes a lot further (graphical
        designer for the forms) ... the only thing we would need is to have it
        server Web-Clients not only InfoPath clients. Do you know of a thing
        like this?


        Chris

        Iain schrieb:
        [color=blue]
        > I believe that the InfoPath component of Office 2003 does something like
        > this.
        >
        > Basically, you can specify a form in XML which includes the various options
        > and I believe even some aspects of workflow.
        >
        > I have never used it and may be way out of order!
        >
        > Iain
        > "Christofer Dutz" <dutz@c-ware.de> wrote in message
        > news:bqkghb$2js $06$1@news.t-online.com...
        >[color=green]
        >>Hi,
        >>
        >>I am working on a practical university project and its our job to define
        >>a xml-based language for describing web based user interfaces. One
        >>special thing is that it should be possible to have workflowas included
        >>in the definition. For example, if someone selects an option this has an
        >>effect on the other options the user is presented. Our first assignment
        >>was to have a look at what already exists. After googling a while I
        >>could find several projects working on stuff like this. Unfortunately
        >>some are already dead, some are used on the browser-side and some are
        >>mainly used for gui user interfaces.
        >>
        >>I would like to ask you, if there is any project which doesn't only
        >>promise the world, but also provide the functionailty we need in real use.
        >>
        >>Ff there are attempts that only provide part of the functionaility, that
        >>would be a great starting point. Does anyone here in this list have some
        >>links he can give me?
        >>
        >>Christofer Dutz
        >>[/color]
        >
        >
        >[/color]

        Comment

        Working...