How read e-mail using protocol POP3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rodny.romero@gmail.com

    #1

    How read e-mail using protocol POP3

    Somebody can help me with an example of like Reading post office with
    VB.Net using protocol POP3, I have obtained the commandos or
    instructions that protocol POP3 supports, but I have not been able to
    arm a small form with some example that connectivity that consegui on
    the other hand.

    I am thankful if somebody has a complete example of connectivity to
    the server and execution of commandos of protocol POP3 (Login, USER,
    PASS,
    APOP STAT, LIST, RETR, DELE, RSET, QUIT)

    Thanks...

    Rodny-

  • John Timney \(MVP\)

    #2
    Re: How read e-mail using protocol POP3

    Pop3 is just telnet on steroids - its been around for ages and theres stacks
    of libraries to help you. No point reinventing the wheel.

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)




    <rodny.romero@g mail.comwrote in message
    news:1185453766 .464954.224070@ 57g2000hsv.goog legroups.com...
    Somebody can help me with an example of like Reading post office with
    VB.Net using protocol POP3, I have obtained the commandos or
    instructions that protocol POP3 supports, but I have not been able to
    arm a small form with some example that connectivity that consegui on
    the other hand.
    >
    I am thankful if somebody has a complete example of connectivity to
    the server and execution of commandos of protocol POP3 (Login, USER,
    PASS,
    APOP STAT, LIST, RETR, DELE, RSET, QUIT)
    >
    Thanks...
    >
    Rodny-
    >

    Comment

    • rodny.romero@gmail.com

      #3
      Re: How read e-mail using protocol POP3

      On 26 jul, 15:03, "John Timney \(MVP\)" <x_j...@timney. eclipse.co.uk>
      wrote:
      Pop3 is just telnet on steroids - its been around for ages and theres stacks
      of libraries to help you. No point reinventing the wheel.
      >
      Regards
      >
      John Timney (MVP)http://www.johntimney.comhttp://www.johntimney.com/blog
      >
      <rodny.rom...@g mail.comwrote in message
      >
      news:1185453766 .464954.224070@ 57g2000hsv.goog legroups.com...
      >
      Somebody can help me with an example of like Reading post office with
      VB.Net using protocol POP3, I have obtained the commandos or
      instructions that protocol POP3 supports, but I have not been able to
      arm a small form with some example that connectivity that consegui on
      the other hand.
      >
      I am thankful if somebody has a complete example of connectivity to
      the server and execution of commandos of protocol POP3 (Login, USER,
      PASS,
      APOP STAT, LIST, RETR, DELE, RSET, QUIT)
      >
      Thanks...
      >
      Rodny-
      Thanks Jhon,

      the link is loss


      Comment

      Working...