I have an ASP.NET 2.0 web application on a web server and a separate machine
for SQL Server 2000 Database. I am using a Connectionstrin g based on Sql
Authentication to connect to the the SQL 2000 Database.
Now, When I open the web page on the Web Server itself, I am able to
successfully connect to the Database which confirms that the connection
string is correct. However when I open the same web page from another client
machine other than the web server, I get the following error message:
"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)
I also uninstalled Sql 2005 from the server where dotnet was residing but still the problem persist.
If some one has some solution pls help.
for SQL Server 2000 Database. I am using a Connectionstrin g based on Sql
Authentication to connect to the the SQL 2000 Database.
Now, When I open the web page on the Web Server itself, I am able to
successfully connect to the Database which confirms that the connection
string is correct. However when I open the same web page from another client
machine other than the web server, I get the following error message:
"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)
I also uninstalled Sql 2005 from the server where dotnet was residing but still the problem persist.
If some one has some solution pls help.
Comment