Webservice becomes unresponsive

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcyBMdW5kYWdlciBBbmRlcnNlbg==?=

    #1

    Webservice becomes unresponsive

    Hi,

    I have a problem accessing a web service.

    The problem consists in that after a couple of hours (approx. 3 hours) the
    web service is non-responsive.
    I have then tried accessing it through Internet Explorer and when I invoke a
    method exposed by the web service I recieve
    a "FileNotFou nd"-exception referring to a specific DLL in c:\windows\temp
    (the filename of the DLL is always different every time I recieve the
    exception).

    If I restart the IIS (through a command prompt I issue the command
    "iisreset") then the web service is functioning again.

    I tried searching for this error on Google and every item I found on this
    issue refers to the issue as a security problem.
    (User does not have enoungh permissions for c:\windows\temp ).
    But I checked this and permissions are fine (I have tried with modify and
    full permissions for the user running the web service).
    Moreover, I tried adding the user running the web service to the
    Administrators-group and the problem still occurs.



    My setup is as follows:
    - Windows 2003 Server Service pack 1
    - IIS 6.0
    - Created new application pool called WS_Pool (checked "use existing as
    template" during creation
    - Identity of WS_Pool is user "WebServiceUser " which is member of "IIS_WPG"
    - My WebService is installed below "Default Web Site". Settings for Web
    Site is:
    x Connection timeout = 0
    x HTTP Keep-Alives unchecked
    x Authentication and Access Control: Enable anonymous access
    (WebServiceUser is specified as identity when anonymous connections are made)
    x Configuration options: "Enable session state" unchecked, "Enable
    buffering" unchecked
    - ASP.NET:
    x Version: 2.X
    x State Management Configuration: "Session State Mode" set to "Off"
    - Permissions on directories:
    x Directory “c:\Windows\t emp” WebServiceUser: “modify” permissions
    x Directory “c:\Windows\t emp” Network Service: “modify” permissions
    x Directory “c:\Windows\t emp” IIS_WPG: “modify” permissions
    - Web service is being accessed every 5 seconds from a client application
    on another computer


    Does anyone know why I keep getting the exception?

    Thank you in advance.

    Jess
  • Spam Catcher

    #2
    Re: Webservice becomes unresponsive

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVzcyBMdW5 kYWdlciBBbmRlcn Nlbg==?=
    <JessLundagerAn dersen@discussi ons.microsoft.c omwrote in
    news:F4B50F07-BBA3-48BA-A110-F98CB6993C59@mi crosoft.com:
    Hi,
    >
    I have a problem accessing a web service.
    >
    The problem consists in that after a couple of hours (approx. 3 hours)
    the web service is non-responsive.
    I have then tried accessing it through Internet Explorer and when I
    invoke a method exposed by the web service I recieve
    a "FileNotFou nd"-exception referring to a specific DLL in
    c:\windows\temp (the filename of the DLL is always different every
    time I recieve the exception).
    >
    If I restart the IIS (through a command prompt I issue the command
    "iisreset") then the web service is functioning again.
    >
    I tried searching for this error on Google and every item I found on
    this issue refers to the issue as a security problem.
    (User does not have enoungh permissions for c:\windows\temp ).
    But I checked this and permissions are fine (I have tried with modify
    and full permissions for the user running the web service).
    Moreover, I tried adding the user running the web service to the
    Administrators-group and the problem still occurs.
    I recall having a similar issue ... I believe you need to give IIS
    (IUSR/IWAM/ASPNET/Network Service) full access to the temp dir? I
    believe it creates files in there - and when it can't you get these
    strange errors.

    Comment

    Working...