C# Data Access: Data reader vs. Ado.Net

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dactilifera
    New Member
    • May 2007
    • 2

    #1

    C# Data Access: Data reader vs. Ado.Net

    Hy ! I'm at the begining of an application. I have a module with a datagrid/listview (not sure yet) in wich I display data. I insert, update, delete only one row at a time in only one table. I can use a datatable from a dataadapter.fil l() and bind datagrid to datatable. OR I can use a datareader from an comm.ExecuteRea der() and add rows to listview/datagrid. I want speed for my application. So which is better an faster: from datadapter or from executereader? Thank tou
  • kenobewan
    Recognized Expert Specialist
    • Dec 2006
    • 4871

    #2
    Welcome to the site. Datareader is faster but dataset is better for bind to controls. HTH.

    Comment

    • dactilifera
      New Member
      • May 2007
      • 2

      #3
      "Datareader is faster but dataset is better for bind to controls" - ok, but as a whole : create the datareader + parse and add to datagrid versus create the dataadapter+fil l the datatable and add to datagrid which is faster?

      Comment

      Working...