Binary files copy and execution paths ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PAF

    #1

    Binary files copy and execution paths ??

    Hi all,

    I don't understand something...

    First:

    I have a Web Site project that provide web services who use some other
    libraries projects. When I build my Web Site, bin folder is created
    and all binaries are copied, but I have some other files (like config
    files) that are not copied and also not published. I checked that the
    "Copy to Output Directory" property is set to "Copy always" on config
    file, but no chance...
    In other non Web Site projects it works fine.

    Then:

    For testing I finally copy manually my config files... But now, to
    access my config files, I use "Environment.Cu rrentDirectory" to access
    my files, but that give me the main process path (like "C:\Windows
    \System32" or "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE"
    in debug mode).
    I tried to use the Assembly path with
    Reflection.Asse mbly.GetExecuti ngAssembly.Loca tion, but it gives me
    strange internal MS path ("C:\WINDOWS\Mi crosoft.NET\Fra mework
    \v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files\xmlmedida taservice
    \53b34031\94b02 742\assembly\dl 3\59ec994e\6784 6382_1966c701")


    Some one could help me to find my files in Web Site projects?!

  • =?Utf-8?B?RXVnZW4=?=

    #2
    RE: Binary files copy and execution paths ??

    Hi PAF,

    Can you use Request.Physica lApplicationPat h?

    Eugen


    "PAF" wrote:
    Hi all,
    >
    I don't understand something...
    >
    First:
    >
    I have a Web Site project that provide web services who use some other
    libraries projects. When I build my Web Site, bin folder is created
    and all binaries are copied, but I have some other files (like config
    files) that are not copied and also not published. I checked that the
    "Copy to Output Directory" property is set to "Copy always" on config
    file, but no chance...
    In other non Web Site projects it works fine.
    >
    Then:
    >
    For testing I finally copy manually my config files... But now, to
    access my config files, I use "Environment.Cu rrentDirectory" to access
    my files, but that give me the main process path (like "C:\Windows
    \System32" or "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE"
    in debug mode).
    I tried to use the Assembly path with
    Reflection.Asse mbly.GetExecuti ngAssembly.Loca tion, but it gives me
    strange internal MS path ("C:\WINDOWS\Mi crosoft.NET\Fra mework
    \v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files\xmlmedida taservice
    \53b34031\94b02 742\assembly\dl 3\59ec994e\6784 6382_1966c701")
    >
    >
    Some one could help me to find my files in Web Site projects?!
    >
    >

    Comment

    • PAF

      #3
      Re: Binary files copy and execution paths ??

      Yes sure with Web Site, but in webservice, I haven't Request object...

      Comment

      Working...