I'm creating an application (VB 2005) that I want to use Directory
Services with. I've got 2 class functions - 1 checks for a group. the
other is supposed to retrieve the user's full name.
My code is as follows:
Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry( "LDAP://[domain]")
Dim search As DirectorySearch er = New DirectorySearch er(entry)
search.Filter = "SAMAccountName =" & _userName
** search.Properti esToLoad.Add("d isplayName")
Dim result As SearchResult = search.FindOne( )
....
This generates an Unknown Error (0x80005000) on search.FindOne( ). I
have another function that calls the same code as above but with
search.Properti esToLoad.Add("M emberOf") instead of displayName (line
above marked **). The group function works fine.
Why does the above error out when my other function runs fine? Is
there a problem with "displayNam e"?
Services with. I've got 2 class functions - 1 checks for a group. the
other is supposed to retrieve the user's full name.
My code is as follows:
Dim entry As New DirectoryEntry( "LDAP://[domain]")
Dim search As DirectorySearch er = New DirectorySearch er(entry)
search.Filter = "SAMAccountName =" & _userName
** search.Properti esToLoad.Add("d isplayName")
Dim result As SearchResult = search.FindOne( )
....
This generates an Unknown Error (0x80005000) on search.FindOne( ). I
have another function that calls the same code as above but with
search.Properti esToLoad.Add("M emberOf") instead of displayName (line
above marked **). The group function works fine.
Why does the above error out when my other function runs fine? Is
there a problem with "displayNam e"?