binding data in a gridview

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MikeB

    #1

    binding data in a gridview

    ooh boy, I hope I'm in the right place to ask this.

    I'm trying to do a class project that binds controls to data sources.

    I have a Drop-down List that I bound to the Author column of an SQL
    table Articles.

    I then have a GridView that is supposed to react to changes in the
    name selected in the DDL.

    I have another data binding that I set up with a SELECT procedure that
    selects the columns from the table with a parameter [author] =
    @author1.
    I selected the data to come from a control and I identified the DDL as
    the control.

    When I start my web page, the data in the gridview displays the rows
    for the author that is selected by default in the DDL.

    However, I cannot get the gridview to change data when I click on a
    different author in the DDL. I've gone through the MS Walkthrough as
    much as I could (they use a stored procedure and I don't have
    authority to create a stored procedure), but I'm none the wiser. I've
    built the page three times and every time the results are the same.
    I'd really like some advice.

    Thanks
    MikeB

  • MikeB

    #2
    Re: binding data in a gridview

    On Mar 5, 5:34 pm, "MikeB" <MPBr...@gmail. comwrote:
    ooh boy, I hope I'm in the right place to ask this.
    >
    I'm trying to do a class project that binds controls to data sources.
    >
    I have a Drop-down List that I bound to the Author column of an SQL
    table Articles.
    >
    I then have a GridView that is supposed to react to changes in the
    name selected in the DDL.
    >
    I have another data binding that I set up with a SELECT procedure that
    selects the columns from the table with a parameter [author] =
    @author1.
    I selected the data to come from a control and I identified the DDL as
    the control.
    >
    When I start my web page, the data in the gridview displays the rows
    for the author that is selected by default in the DDL.
    >
    However, I cannot get the gridview to change data when I click on a
    different author in the DDL. I've gone through the MS Walkthrough as
    much as I could (they use a stored procedure and I don't have
    authority to create a stored procedure), but I'm none the wiser. I've
    built the page three times and every time the results are the same.
    I'd really like some advice.
    >
    Thanks
    MikeB
    Got it figured out. On the Drop-down list control is a property for
    Post-back. This mst be "Yes".

    Comment

    Working...