Large app with many assemblies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bob

    #1

    Large app with many assemblies

    Is there a way to remove dependency version checking in my application? I
    have a main app that is very large. I have several developers working on
    component assemblies for this application. I need to update these
    components very often and there is no way I that I can rebuild the entire
    application with every update. How do I change my application so that I can
    just drop updated assemblies in to the bin folder, stop and start my app
    and have it work? The application is a win32 service and right now I get
    load exceptions when I try to do the above.

    Thanks



  • Bob Bins

    #2
    Re: Large app with many assemblies

    Is there may be a way to use a wild card for the publicKeyToken in the
    manifest file? This is what is not matching.


    "Bob" <msgdev@hotmail .comwrote in message
    news:%231ZN4NqW HHA.392@TK2MSFT NGP06.phx.gbl.. .
    Is there a way to remove dependency version checking in my application? I
    have a main app that is very large. I have several developers working on
    component assemblies for this application. I need to update these
    components very often and there is no way I that I can rebuild the entire
    application with every update. How do I change my application so that I
    can just drop updated assemblies in to the bin folder, stop and start my
    app and have it work? The application is a win32 service and right now I
    get load exceptions when I try to do the above.
    >
    Thanks
    >
    >
    >

    Comment

    Working...