Decreasing Hard Disk space

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmR5?=

    #1

    Decreasing Hard Disk space

    Hello everyone, I would really appreciate if someone helped me in this matter
    cause I am going to lose my mind...
    I am using a Sony Vaio Laptop with Windows XP professional (512MB Ram, 1,7
    GHz CPU clock, 50GB Hard disk) and for the past 10 days i have noticed that
    my hard disk space is decreasing dramatically without installing or running
    any programs.
    I had 28 GB free space 10 days ago on my hard drive and now It has decreased
    to 17GB and I have noticed that it 'loses' 100MB over 2 minutes or
    so...Eventually I am going to lose all my hard drive in approximately 4 days
    from now, so a help would be MUCH appreciated...I am desperate...
    I have disabled the feature of Windows XP of "System restore", I have
    cleaned all my temporary files and cache(Internet history etc), I even
    disabled the Hibernate mode from the power management of my laptop; but still
    I am losing 100MB over 2 minutes.
    I have "checkdiske d" my disk without any errors, I have run a virus spy ware
    ad aware check with Kaspersky antivirus but nothing came up; I have defraged
    as well but without any improvement...I keep losing 100 MB over 2 minutes...
    Lastly I have used the TreeSize freeware program so that I could trace
    anykind of MB 'leak' on my Hard Disk and the only thing I noticed was that
    the 'report file' of Kaspersky Antivirus in the Application Data Folder was
    increasing about 500Kb over
    10minutes or so...
    In addition the only programs running at the background are Kaspersky and HP
    Imaging monitor (for a Hewlet Packard printer I have installed).
    Any idea what is causing this, I am going insane here....please help!!!
  • Markus

    #2
    Re: Decreasing Hard Disk space

    Geordy wrote:
    Hello everyone, I would really appreciate if someone helped me in
    this matter cause I am going to lose my mind...
    Please try posting in a hardware related newsgroup, there you will most
    certainly find some help.

    This newsgroup is about programming with Microsoft .NET (as the
    newsgroup title tells you "microsoft.publ ic.dotnet.gener al")

    good luck
    Markus

    Comment

    • Michael D. Ober

      #3
      Re: Decreasing Hard Disk space

      Contack Kapersky Labs tech support to find out how to disable their AV
      logging routines.

      Mike.

      "Geordy" <Geordy@discuss ions.microsoft. comwrote in message
      news:19A6BD45-708D-4943-9434-0A901BA9DDCC@mi crosoft.com...
      Hello everyone, I would really appreciate if someone helped me in this
      matter
      cause I am going to lose my mind...
      I am using a Sony Vaio Laptop with Windows XP professional (512MB Ram, 1,7
      GHz CPU clock, 50GB Hard disk) and for the past 10 days i have noticed
      that
      my hard disk space is decreasing dramatically without installing or
      running
      any programs.
      I had 28 GB free space 10 days ago on my hard drive and now It has
      decreased
      to 17GB and I have noticed that it 'loses' 100MB over 2 minutes or
      so...Eventually I am going to lose all my hard drive in approximately 4
      days
      from now, so a help would be MUCH appreciated...I am desperate...
      I have disabled the feature of Windows XP of "System restore", I have
      cleaned all my temporary files and cache(Internet history etc), I even
      disabled the Hibernate mode from the power management of my laptop; but
      still
      I am losing 100MB over 2 minutes.
      I have "checkdiske d" my disk without any errors, I have run a virus spy
      ware
      ad aware check with Kaspersky antivirus but nothing came up; I have
      defraged
      as well but without any improvement...I keep losing 100 MB over 2
      minutes...
      Lastly I have used the TreeSize freeware program so that I could trace
      anykind of MB 'leak' on my Hard Disk and the only thing I noticed was that
      the 'report file' of Kaspersky Antivirus in the Application Data Folder
      was
      increasing about 500Kb over
      10minutes or so...
      In addition the only programs running at the background are Kaspersky and
      HP
      Imaging monitor (for a Hewlet Packard printer I have installed).
      Any idea what is causing this, I am going insane here....please help!!!
      >


      Comment

      Working...