ClickOnce and Version Number

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkd0Bub3NwYW0ubm9zcGFt?=

    #1

    ClickOnce and Version Number

    When I publish an application with ClickOnce, I specify Major, Minor, Build,
    and Revision numbers for the Publish Version, for example as 1, 0, 0, 97. But
    when I view the version of the exe file in explorer, or get it
    programatically , it comes back as 1.0. 0.0.

    The code I use is

    FileVersionInfo fvi =
    FileVersionInfo .GetVersionInfo (Application.Ex ecutablePath);
    string version = fvi.FileVersion ;

    Is there a way to get programatically the information that Visual Studio
    publishes?
  • Nikhil

    #2
    Re: ClickOnce and Version Number

    I am not sure but there are two versions, 1 is application version and
    second is fileversion. Make sure you are getting the correct version.

    On Jan 25, 5:06 am, howa...@nospam. nospam
    <howardwnospamn os...@discussio ns.microsoft.co mwrote:
    When I publish an application with ClickOnce, I specify Major, Minor, Build,
    and Revision numbers for the Publish Version, for example as 1, 0, 0, 97. But
    when I view the version of the exe file in explorer, or get it
    programatically , it comes back as 1.0. 0.0.
    >
    The code I use is
    >
    FileVersionInfo fvi =
    FileVersionInfo .GetVersionInfo (Application.Ex ecutablePath);
    string version = fvi.FileVersion ;
    >
    Is there a way to get programatically the information that Visual Studio
    publishes?

    Comment

    • =?Utf-8?B?aG93YXJkd0Bub3NwYW0ubm9zcGFt?=

      #3
      Re: ClickOnce and Version Number

      Application.Pro ductVersion also returns 1.0.0.0.

      "Nikhil" wrote:
      I am not sure but there are two versions, 1 is application version and
      second is fileversion. Make sure you are getting the correct version.
      >
      On Jan 25, 5:06 am, howa...@nospam. nospam
      <howardwnospamn os...@discussio ns.microsoft.co mwrote:
      When I publish an application with ClickOnce, I specify Major, Minor, Build,
      and Revision numbers for the Publish Version, for example as 1, 0, 0, 97. But
      when I view the version of the exe file in explorer, or get it
      programatically , it comes back as 1.0. 0.0.

      The code I use is

      FileVersionInfo fvi =
      FileVersionInfo .GetVersionInfo (Application.Ex ecutablePath);
      string version = fvi.FileVersion ;

      Is there a way to get programatically the information that Visual Studio
      publishes?
      >
      >

      Comment

      • Nikhil

        #4
        Re: ClickOnce and Version Number

        Can you please try Application.Ass emblyVersion?

        On Jan 25, 11:01 pm, howa...@nospam. nospam
        <howardwnospamn os...@discussio ns.microsoft.co mwrote:
        Application.Pro ductVersion also returns 1.0.0.0.
        >
        >
        >
        "Nikhil" wrote:
        I am not sure but there are two versions, 1 is application version and
        second is fileversion. Make sure you are getting the correct version.
        >
        On Jan 25, 5:06 am, howa...@nospam. nospam
        <howardwnospamn os...@discussio ns.microsoft.co mwrote:
        When I publish an application with ClickOnce, I specify Major, Minor, Build,
        and Revision numbers for the Publish Version, for example as 1, 0, 0, 97. But
        when I view the version of the exe file in explorer, or get it
        programatically , it comes back as 1.0. 0.0.
        >
        The code I use is
        >
        FileVersionInfo fvi =
        FileVersionInfo .GetVersionInfo (Application.Ex ecutablePath);
        string version = fvi.FileVersion ;
        >
        Is there a way to get programatically the information that Visual Studio
        publishes?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

        Comment

        Working...