Internet Activity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Alex

    #1

    Internet Activity

    Hello ALL,

    Not sure if something like this can be done; I'm new in .NET and
    programming.

    Recently I was asked if I could create a program that can record
    Internet Activity using VB2005. I was thinking about loading a service
    into the client that will monitor IE usage whenever it's has focus and
    report this data to a db for reporting.

    Does anyone know if there's a .Net class out there that can do the job?
    Any idea on the best way to accomplish this?

    I'll be using VB 2005 / Framework 2.0

    Thanks you in advance...

    Alex
  • Michael Nemtsev

    #2
    Re: Internet Activity

    Hello Alex,

    You need to enumerate all WebBrowsers window, then try to get WebBrowser.Loca tionURL
    property

    See
    176792 HOWTO: Connect to a Running Instance of Internet Explorer
    Microsoft Support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows 11, Surface, and more.


    ---
    WBR,
    Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

    "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we
    miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangelo

    AHello ALL,
    A>
    ANot sure if something like this can be done; I'm new in .NET and
    Aprogramming.
    A>
    ARecently I was asked if I could create a program that can record
    AInternet Activity using VB2005. I was thinking about loading a
    Aservice into the client that will monitor IE usage whenever it's has
    Afocus and report this data to a db for reporting.
    A>
    ADoes anyone know if there's a .Net class out there that can do the
    Ajob? Any idea on the best way to accomplish this?
    A>
    AI'll be using VB 2005 / Framework 2.0
    A>
    AThanks you in advance...
    A>
    AAlex
    A>


    Comment

    Working...