Problem installing vs 2003 sp1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • John

    #1

    Problem installing vs 2003 sp1

    Hi

    I have downloaded the VS7.1sp1-KB918007-X86.exe file but when I try to
    install it, it runs for a while and asks for license confirmation etc. but
    then comes up with a dialog asking for the location of vs_setup.exe file. I
    have searched the drives but have not been able to locate the vs_setup.exe.
    What is the problem and how can I fix it?

    Thanks

    Regards


  • Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

    #2
    RE: Problem installing vs 2003 sp1

    John,
    It's looking for your original installation media (CD, DVD etc.).
    --Peter
    --
    Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:

    UnBlog:





    "John" wrote:
    Hi
    >
    I have downloaded the VS7.1sp1-KB918007-X86.exe file but when I try to
    install it, it runs for a while and asks for license confirmation etc. but
    then comes up with a dialog asking for the location of vs_setup.exe file. I
    have searched the drives but have not been able to locate the vs_setup.exe.
    What is the problem and how can I fix it?
    >
    Thanks
    >
    Regards
    >
    >
    >

    Comment

    • Juan T. Llibre

      #3
      Re: Problem installing vs 2003 sp1

      You must already have installed VS 2003,
      if you want to be able to apply VS 2003 SP1.

      You also need the original CD/DVD you used to install VS 2003,
      and you must supply it when prompted for it.




      Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
      aspnetfaq.com : http://www.aspnetfaq.com/
      asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
      foros de asp.net, en espaƱol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
      =============== =============== =====
      "John" <John@nospam.in fovis.co.ukwrot e in message news:u6wg3f6zGH A.4920@TK2MSFTN GP06.phx.gbl...
      Hi
      >
      I have downloaded the VS7.1sp1-KB918007-X86.exe file but when I try to install it, it runs for a
      while and asks for license confirmation etc. but then comes up with a dialog asking for the
      location of vs_setup.exe file. I have searched the drives but have not been able to locate the
      vs_setup.exe. What is the problem and how can I fix it?
      >
      Thanks
      >
      Regards
      >
      >


      Comment

      • Leon Mayne

        #4
        RE: Problem installing vs 2003 sp1

        I have downloaded the VS7.1sp1-KB918007-X86.exe file but when I try to
        install it, it runs for a while and asks for license confirmation etc. but
        then comes up with a dialog asking for the location of vs_setup.exe file. I
        have searched the drives but have not been able to locate the vs_setup.exe.
        What is the problem and how can I fix it?
        As others have mentioned, you need your setup disk to install, but I thought
        I'd add a solution to a pitfall we ran into. If you originally installed from
        CD and only have access to the DVD MSDN setup disk then you won't be able to
        install the service pack. The way round is to locate the registry key:

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACH INE\SOFTWARE\Cl asses\Installer \Products\<inst allId>\SourceLi st\Media

        (where <installIdis the id of visual studio .net, for the installations I
        found it was 9040F50EA9E01A8 4CA403EE5033306 A4)

        And change the value "MediaPacka ge" to "\\ENGLISH\\VS. NET2003\\"

        Seemed to work for us.

        Comment

        Working...