ASP.NET

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dancer

    #1

    ASP.NET

    Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for that?


  • Scott M.

    #2
    Re: ASP.NET

    microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.aspnet




    "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
    news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for that?
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

      #3
      Re: ASP.NET

      Dancer,

      It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript, pluggins etc
      question than you are probably the best off in the newsgroup as Scott
      stated.

      Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask it in
      one of the language newsgroups as

      microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth languages
      jsharp)

      If it has to do with data (adonet) than
      microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet

      If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups as
      microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data

      Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and in
      version 2005 in 6 those are:
      Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
      structured.
      Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code structured.
      With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with project
      addition)
      With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
      Both last but than with compiled DLL's.

      If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as Scott
      stated.

      I hope this helps

      Cor



      "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
      news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for that?
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • dancer

        #4
        Re: ASP.NET

        Cor,
        You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can you
        help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very beginning. I have
        IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and see the results on my
        personal server.
        I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on my
        computer and then installed it.

        But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even though I
        can see the results of the SAME file published on my website.

        I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
        c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the folder
        v1.0.3705.

        I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to do the
        same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.

        How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing to the
        website?

        Thank you!




        "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
        news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
        > Dancer,
        >
        > It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript, pluggins
        > etc question than you are probably the best off in the newsgroup as Scott
        > stated.
        >
        > Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask it
        > in one of the language newsgroups as
        >
        > microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
        > languages jsharp)
        >
        > If it has to do with data (adonet) than
        > microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
        >
        > If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups as
        > microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
        >
        > Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and in
        > version 2005 in 6 those are:
        > Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
        > structured.
        > Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code structured.
        > With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with project
        > addition)
        > With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
        > Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
        >
        > If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as
        > Scott stated.
        >
        > I hope this helps
        >
        > Cor
        >
        >
        >
        > "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
        > news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=green]
        >> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for that?
        >>[/color]
        >
        >[/color]


        Comment

        • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

          #5
          Re: ASP.NET

          Dancer,

          The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
          But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are starting
          and can use 2.0.
          For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool available.

          http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/

          I hope this helps,

          Cor


          A good help site while using the
          "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
          news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
          > Cor,
          > You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can you
          > help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very beginning. I have
          > IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and see the results on my
          > personal server.
          > I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on my
          > computer and then installed it.
          >
          > But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even though I
          > can see the results of the SAME file published on my website.
          >
          > I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
          > c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the folder
          > v1.0.3705.
          >
          > I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to do
          > the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
          >
          > How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing to
          > the website?
          >
          > Thank you!
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
          > news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
          >> Dancer,
          >>
          >> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript, pluggins
          >> etc question than you are probably the best off in the newsgroup as Scott
          >> stated.
          >>
          >> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask it
          >> in one of the language newsgroups as
          >>
          >> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
          >> languages jsharp)
          >>
          >> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
          >> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
          >>
          >> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups as
          >> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
          >>
          >> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and in
          >> version 2005 in 6 those are:
          >> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
          >> structured.
          >> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
          >> structured.
          >> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with project
          >> addition)
          >> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
          >> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
          >>
          >> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as
          >> Scott stated.
          >>
          >> I hope this helps
          >>
          >> Cor
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
          >> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
          >>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for
          >>> that?
          >>>[/color]
          >>
          >>[/color]
          >
          >[/color]


          Comment

          • dancer

            #6
            Re: ASP.NET

            That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages using
            IIS?


            "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
            news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
            > Dancer,
            >
            > The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
            > But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
            > starting and can use 2.0.
            > For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool available.
            >
            > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
            >
            > I hope this helps,
            >
            > Cor
            >
            >
            > A good help site while using the
            > "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
            > news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=green]
            >> Cor,
            >> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can you
            >> help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very beginning. I
            >> have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and see the results on
            >> my personal server.
            >> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on my
            >> computer and then installed it.
            >>
            >> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even though
            >> I can see the results of the SAME file published on my website.
            >>
            >> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
            >> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the folder
            >> v1.0.3705.
            >>
            >> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to do
            >> the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
            >>
            >> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing to
            >> the website?
            >>
            >> Thank you!
            >>
            >>
            >>
            >>
            >> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
            >> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
            >>> Dancer,
            >>>
            >>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript, pluggins
            >>> etc question than you are probably the best off in the newsgroup as
            >>> Scott stated.
            >>>
            >>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask it
            >>> in one of the language newsgroups as
            >>>
            >>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
            >>> languages jsharp)
            >>>
            >>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
            >>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
            >>>
            >>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups as
            >>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
            >>>
            >>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and in
            >>> version 2005 in 6 those are:
            >>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
            >>> structured.
            >>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
            >>> structured.
            >>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
            >>> project addition)
            >>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
            >>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
            >>>
            >>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as
            >>> Scott stated.
            >>>
            >>> I hope this helps
            >>>
            >>> Cor
            >>>
            >>>
            >>>
            >>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
            >>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
            >>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for
            >>>> that?
            >>>>
            >>>
            >>>[/color]
            >>
            >>[/color]
            >
            >[/color]


            Comment

            • Scott M.

              #7
              Re: ASP.NET

              ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i

              This is located in your framework/bin folder.


              "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
              news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
              > That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages
              > using IIS?
              >
              >
              > "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
              > news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
              >> Dancer,
              >>
              >> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
              >> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
              >> starting and can use 2.0.
              >> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool available.
              >>
              >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
              >>
              >> I hope this helps,
              >>
              >> Cor
              >>
              >>
              >> A good help site while using the
              >> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
              >> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
              >>> Cor,
              >>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can you
              >>> help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very beginning. I
              >>> have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and see the results
              >>> on my personal server.
              >>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on my
              >>> computer and then installed it.
              >>>
              >>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even though
              >>> I can see the results of the SAME file published on my website.
              >>>
              >>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
              >>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the folder
              >>> v1.0.3705.
              >>>
              >>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to do
              >>> the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
              >>>
              >>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing to
              >>> the website?
              >>>
              >>> Thank you!
              >>>
              >>>
              >>>
              >>>
              >>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
              >>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
              >>>> Dancer,
              >>>>
              >>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
              >>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
              >>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
              >>>>
              >>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask
              >>>> it in one of the language newsgroups as
              >>>>
              >>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
              >>>> languages jsharp)
              >>>>
              >>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
              >>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
              >>>>
              >>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups as
              >>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
              >>>>
              >>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and
              >>>> in version 2005 in 6 those are:
              >>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
              >>>> structured.
              >>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
              >>>> structured.
              >>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
              >>>> project addition)
              >>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
              >>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
              >>>>
              >>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as
              >>>> Scott stated.
              >>>>
              >>>> I hope this helps
              >>>>
              >>>> Cor
              >>>>
              >>>>
              >>>>
              >>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
              >>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
              >>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for
              >>>>> that?
              >>>>>
              >>>>
              >>>>
              >>>
              >>>[/color]
              >>
              >>[/color]
              >
              >[/color]


              Comment

              • dancer

                #8
                Re: ASP.NET

                How do I do that?
                I have a file aspnet_regiis.e xe in the path
                C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322. Would I just click on that
                file? Is there any danger it would damage a system file?

                What is the difference in framework 1. and framework 2.0?
                If I register what I have, will I have to UNinstall before using 2.0?

                Thank you for your help!

                "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                news:ucbsrZFnGH A.1208@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                > ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i
                >
                > This is located in your framework/bin folder.
                >
                >
                > "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
                > news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .[color=green]
                >> That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages
                >> using IIS?
                >>
                >>
                >> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                >> news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
                >>> Dancer,
                >>>
                >>> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
                >>> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
                >>> starting and can use 2.0.
                >>> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool available.
                >>>
                >>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
                >>>
                >>> I hope this helps,
                >>>
                >>> Cor
                >>>
                >>>
                >>> A good help site while using the
                >>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                >>> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                >>>> Cor,
                >>>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can
                >>>> you help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very beginning.
                >>>> I have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and see the
                >>>> results on my personal server.
                >>>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on
                >>>> my computer and then installed it.
                >>>>
                >>>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even
                >>>> though I can see the results of the SAME file published on my website.
                >>>>
                >>>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
                >>>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the folder
                >>>> v1.0.3705.
                >>>>
                >>>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to
                >>>> do the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
                >>>>
                >>>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing
                >>>> to the website?
                >>>>
                >>>> Thank you!
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                >>>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
                >>>>> Dancer,
                >>>>>
                >>>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
                >>>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
                >>>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
                >>>>>
                >>>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask
                >>>>> it in one of the language newsgroups as
                >>>>>
                >>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
                >>>>> languages jsharp)
                >>>>>
                >>>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
                >>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
                >>>>>
                >>>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups
                >>>>> as
                >>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
                >>>>>
                >>>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and
                >>>>> in version 2005 in 6 those are:
                >>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
                >>>>> structured.
                >>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
                >>>>> structured.
                >>>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
                >>>>> project addition)
                >>>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
                >>>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
                >>>>>
                >>>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as
                >>>>> Scott stated.
                >>>>>
                >>>>> I hope this helps
                >>>>>
                >>>>> Cor
                >>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                >>>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                >>>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for
                >>>>>> that?
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>>
                >>>[/color]
                >>
                >>[/color]
                >
                >[/color]


                Comment

                • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

                  #9
                  Re: ASP.NET

                  Dancer,

                  Scott is probably right you can try that therefore just execute that.
                  (Although it should not be needed can it be because of the sequence of
                  installation). You can without any problem add the Net 2.0 framework beside
                  Net 1.x

                  Cor

                  "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                  news:uY1Z1yGnGH A.4164@TK2MSFTN GP05.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                  > How do I do that?
                  > I have a file aspnet_regiis.e xe in the path
                  > C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322. Would I just click on that
                  > file? Is there any danger it would damage a system file?
                  >
                  > What is the difference in framework 1. and framework 2.0?
                  > If I register what I have, will I have to UNinstall before using 2.0?
                  >
                  > Thank you for your help!
                  >
                  > "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                  > news:ucbsrZFnGH A.1208@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=green]
                  >> ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i
                  >>
                  >> This is located in your framework/bin folder.
                  >>
                  >>
                  >> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
                  >> news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .[color=darkred]
                  >>> That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages
                  >>> using IIS?
                  >>>
                  >>>
                  >>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                  >>> news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..
                  >>>> Dancer,
                  >>>>
                  >>>> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
                  >>>> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
                  >>>> starting and can use 2.0.
                  >>>> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool available.
                  >>>>
                  >>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
                  >>>>
                  >>>> I hope this helps,
                  >>>>
                  >>>> Cor
                  >>>>
                  >>>>
                  >>>> A good help site while using the
                  >>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                  >>>> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                  >>>>> Cor,
                  >>>>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can
                  >>>>> you help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very beginning.
                  >>>>> I have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and see the
                  >>>>> results on my personal server.
                  >>>>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on
                  >>>>> my computer and then installed it.
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even
                  >>>>> though I can see the results of the SAME file published on my website.
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
                  >>>>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the folder
                  >>>>> v1.0.3705.
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to
                  >>>>> do the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing
                  >>>>> to the website?
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>> Thank you!
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                  >>>>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
                  >>>>>> Dancer,
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
                  >>>>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
                  >>>>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better ask
                  >>>>>> it in one of the language newsgroups as
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
                  >>>>>> languages jsharp)
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
                  >>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups
                  >>>>>> as
                  >>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways and
                  >>>>>> in version 2005 in 6 those are:
                  >>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
                  >>>>>> structured.
                  >>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
                  >>>>>> structured.
                  >>>>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
                  >>>>>> project addition)
                  >>>>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
                  >>>>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly as
                  >>>>>> Scott stated.
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> I hope this helps
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> Cor
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                  >>>>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                  >>>>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for
                  >>>>>>> that?
                  >>>>>>>
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>>
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>>
                  >>>>
                  >>>>
                  >>>
                  >>>[/color]
                  >>
                  >>[/color]
                  >
                  >[/color]


                  Comment

                  • Scott M.

                    #10
                    Re: ASP.NET

                    You need to run it with the -i switch.

                    From the start menu, choose Run.
                    In the textbox, type (or copy):

                    C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322\as net_regiis -i

                    This will install ASP.NET processing and create the ASPNET user account that
                    it used to process ASP.NET web pages.


                    "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                    news:ennPc8GnGH A.4352@TK2MSFTN GP02.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
                    > Dancer,
                    >
                    > Scott is probably right you can try that therefore just execute that.
                    > (Although it should not be needed can it be because of the sequence of
                    > installation). You can without any problem add the Net 2.0 framework
                    > beside Net 1.x
                    >
                    > Cor
                    >
                    > "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                    > news:uY1Z1yGnGH A.4164@TK2MSFTN GP05.phx.gbl...[color=green]
                    >> How do I do that?
                    >> I have a file aspnet_regiis.e xe in the path
                    >> C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322. Would I just click on that
                    >> file? Is there any danger it would damage a system file?
                    >>
                    >> What is the difference in framework 1. and framework 2.0?
                    >> If I register what I have, will I have to UNinstall before using 2.0?
                    >>
                    >> Thank you for your help!
                    >>
                    >> "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                    >> news:ucbsrZFnGH A.1208@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
                    >>> ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i
                    >>>
                    >>> This is located in your framework/bin folder.
                    >>>
                    >>>
                    >>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
                    >>> news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .
                    >>>> That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages
                    >>>> using IIS?
                    >>>>
                    >>>>
                    >>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                    >>>> news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..
                    >>>>> Dancer,
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
                    >>>>> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
                    >>>>> starting and can use 2.0.
                    >>>>> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool available.
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>> I hope this helps,
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>> Cor
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>> A good help site while using the
                    >>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                    >>>>> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                    >>>>>> Cor,
                    >>>>>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can
                    >>>>>> you help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very
                    >>>>>> beginning. I have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and
                    >>>>>> see the results on my personal server.
                    >>>>>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it on
                    >>>>>> my computer and then installed it.
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even
                    >>>>>> though I can see the results of the SAME file published on my
                    >>>>>> website.
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
                    >>>>>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the
                    >>>>>> folder v1.0.3705.
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try to
                    >>>>>> do the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of publishing
                    >>>>>> to the website?
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>> Thank you!
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                    >>>>>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
                    >>>>>>> Dancer,
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
                    >>>>>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
                    >>>>>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better
                    >>>>>>> ask it in one of the language newsgroups as
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
                    >>>>>>> languages jsharp)
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
                    >>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data newsgroups
                    >>>>>>> as
                    >>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways
                    >>>>>>> and in version 2005 in 6 those are:
                    >>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
                    >>>>>>> structured.
                    >>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
                    >>>>>>> structured.
                    >>>>>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
                    >>>>>>> project addition)
                    >>>>>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
                    >>>>>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly
                    >>>>>>> as Scott stated.
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> I hope this helps
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> Cor
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                    >>>>>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                    >>>>>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum for
                    >>>>>>>> that?
                    >>>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>>
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>>
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>>
                    >>>>
                    >>>>
                    >>>
                    >>>[/color]
                    >>
                    >>[/color]
                    >
                    >[/color]


                    Comment

                    • dancer

                      #11
                      Re: ASP.NET

                      Thank you, Scott! 5 more questions:
                      1. What does the -i switch do?

                      2. There is no way that this will harm a system file?

                      3. Would it be better to download framework 2.0 instead of learning 1.x?

                      4. If I download framework 2.0, do I follow the same command for the regiis?

                      5. If I download framework 2.0 later, do I have to undo something?


                      "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                      news:%23ooPyzIn GHA.1248@TK2MSF TNGP05.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                      > You need to run it with the -i switch.
                      >
                      > From the start menu, choose Run.
                      > In the textbox, type (or copy):
                      >
                      > C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322\as net_regiis -i
                      >
                      > This will install ASP.NET processing and create the ASPNET user account
                      > that it used to process ASP.NET web pages.[/color]
                      [color=blue]
                      >
                      >
                      > "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                      > news:ennPc8GnGH A.4352@TK2MSFTN GP02.phx.gbl...[color=green]
                      >> Dancer,
                      >>
                      >> Scott is probably right you can try that therefore just execute that.
                      >> (Although it should not be needed can it be because of the sequence of
                      >> installation). You can without any problem add the Net 2.0 framework
                      >> beside Net 1.x
                      >>
                      >> Cor
                      >>
                      >> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                      >> news:uY1Z1yGnGH A.4164@TK2MSFTN GP05.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
                      >>> How do I do that?
                      >>> I have a file aspnet_regiis.e xe in the path
                      >>> C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322. Would I just click on that
                      >>> file? Is there any danger it would damage a system file?
                      >>>
                      >>> What is the difference in framework 1. and framework 2.0?
                      >>> If I register what I have, will I have to UNinstall before using 2.0?
                      >>>
                      >>> Thank you for your help!
                      >>>
                      >>> "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                      >>> news:ucbsrZFnGH A.1208@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                      >>>> ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i
                      >>>>
                      >>>> This is located in your framework/bin folder.
                      >>>>
                      >>>>
                      >>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
                      >>>> news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .
                      >>>>> That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages
                      >>>>> using IIS?
                      >>>>>
                      >>>>>
                      >>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                      >>>>> news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..
                      >>>>>> Dancer,
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
                      >>>>>> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
                      >>>>>> starting and can use 2.0.
                      >>>>>> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool
                      >>>>>> available.
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>> I hope this helps,
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>> Cor
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>> A good help site while using the
                      >>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                      >>>>>> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                      >>>>>>> Cor,
                      >>>>>>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly. Can
                      >>>>>>> you help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very
                      >>>>>>> beginning. I have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and
                      >>>>>>> see the results on my personal server.
                      >>>>>>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it
                      >>>>>>> on my computer and then installed it.
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even
                      >>>>>>> though I can see the results of the SAME file published on my
                      >>>>>>> website.
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
                      >>>>>>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the
                      >>>>>>> folder v1.0.3705.
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try
                      >>>>>>> to do the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of
                      >>>>>>> publishing to the website?
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>> Thank you!
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                      >>>>>>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
                      >>>>>>>> Dancer,
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
                      >>>>>>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
                      >>>>>>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better
                      >>>>>>>> ask it in one of the language newsgroups as
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
                      >>>>>>>> languages jsharp)
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
                      >>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data
                      >>>>>>>> newsgroups as
                      >>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways
                      >>>>>>>> and in version 2005 in 6 those are:
                      >>>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
                      >>>>>>>> structured.
                      >>>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
                      >>>>>>>> structured.
                      >>>>>>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
                      >>>>>>>> project addition)
                      >>>>>>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
                      >>>>>>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly
                      >>>>>>>> as Scott stated.
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> I hope this helps
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> Cor
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                      >>>>>>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                      >>>>>>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum
                      >>>>>>>>> for that?
                      >>>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>>
                      >>>>>
                      >>>>>
                      >>>>
                      >>>>
                      >>>
                      >>>[/color]
                      >>
                      >>[/color]
                      >
                      >[/color]


                      Comment

                      • Scott M.

                        #12
                        Re: ASP.NET

                        > 1. What does the -i switch do?

                        install
                        [color=blue]
                        > 2. There is no way that this will harm a system file?[/color]

                        It will install ASP.NET processing and create the ASPNET user account.
                        Whatever files it creates/overwrites will not damage anything that already
                        exists.
                        [color=blue]
                        > 3. Would it be better to download framework 2.0 instead of learning 1.x?[/color]

                        That's up to you. The 2.0 Framework requires VS.NET 2005 or a 2005
                        Express Edition. The 1.x Framework requires VS.NET 2003.
                        [color=blue]
                        > 4. If I download framework 2.0, do I follow the same command for the
                        > regiis?[/color]

                        Either framework is going to have an aspnet_regiis file. Running a
                        particular one, registers that particular framework with IIS.
                        [color=blue]
                        > 5. If I download framework 2.0 later, do I have to undo something?[/color]

                        No, but you'll need to run aspnet_regiis -i that is in THAT framework
                        folder.

                        [color=blue]
                        >
                        >
                        > "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                        > news:%23ooPyzIn GHA.1248@TK2MSF TNGP05.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                        >> You need to run it with the -i switch.
                        >>
                        >> From the start menu, choose Run.
                        >> In the textbox, type (or copy):
                        >>
                        >> C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322\as net_regiis -i
                        >>
                        >> This will install ASP.NET processing and create the ASPNET user account
                        >> that it used to process ASP.NET web pages.[/color]
                        >[color=green]
                        >>
                        >>
                        >> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                        >> news:ennPc8GnGH A.4352@TK2MSFTN GP02.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
                        >>> Dancer,
                        >>>
                        >>> Scott is probably right you can try that therefore just execute that.
                        >>> (Although it should not be needed can it be because of the sequence of
                        >>> installation). You can without any problem add the Net 2.0 framework
                        >>> beside Net 1.x
                        >>>
                        >>> Cor
                        >>>
                        >>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                        >>> news:uY1Z1yGnGH A.4164@TK2MSFTN GP05.phx.gbl...
                        >>>> How do I do that?
                        >>>> I have a file aspnet_regiis.e xe in the path
                        >>>> C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322. Would I just click on that
                        >>>> file? Is there any danger it would damage a system file?
                        >>>>
                        >>>> What is the difference in framework 1. and framework 2.0?
                        >>>> If I register what I have, will I have to UNinstall before using 2.0?
                        >>>>
                        >>>> Thank you for your help!
                        >>>>
                        >>>> "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                        >>>> news:ucbsrZFnGH A.1208@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                        >>>>> ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>> This is located in your framework/bin folder.
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
                        >>>>> news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .
                        >>>>>> That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx pages
                        >>>>>> using IIS?
                        >>>>>>
                        >>>>>>
                        >>>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                        >>>>>> news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..
                        >>>>>>> Dancer,
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
                        >>>>>>> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you are
                        >>>>>>> starting and can use 2.0.
                        >>>>>>> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool
                        >>>>>>> available.
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>> I hope this helps,
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>> Cor
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>> A good help site while using the
                        >>>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                        >>>>>>> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                        >>>>>>>> Cor,
                        >>>>>>>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly.
                        >>>>>>>> Can you help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very
                        >>>>>>>> beginning. I have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files and
                        >>>>>>>> see the results on my personal server.
                        >>>>>>>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved it
                        >>>>>>>> on my computer and then installed it.
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even
                        >>>>>>>> though I can see the results of the SAME file published on my
                        >>>>>>>> website.
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
                        >>>>>>>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the
                        >>>>>>>> folder v1.0.3705.
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I try
                        >>>>>>>> to do the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of
                        >>>>>>>> publishing to the website?
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>> Thank you!
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                        >>>>>>>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
                        >>>>>>>>> Dancer,
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
                        >>>>>>>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
                        >>>>>>>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can better
                        >>>>>>>>> ask it in one of the language newsgroups as
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or withouth
                        >>>>>>>>> languages jsharp)
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
                        >>>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data
                        >>>>>>>>> newsgroups as
                        >>>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4 ways
                        >>>>>>>>> and in version 2005 in 6 those are:
                        >>>>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code not
                        >>>>>>>>> structured.
                        >>>>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
                        >>>>>>>>> structured.
                        >>>>>>>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005 with
                        >>>>>>>>> project addition)
                        >>>>>>>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project addition)
                        >>>>>>>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is mostly
                        >>>>>>>>> as Scott stated.
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> I hope this helps
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> Cor
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                        >>>>>>>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                        >>>>>>>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum
                        >>>>>>>>>> for that?
                        >>>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>>
                        >>>>>>
                        >>>>>>
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>
                        >>>>
                        >>>
                        >>>[/color]
                        >>
                        >>[/color]
                        >
                        >[/color]


                        Comment

                        • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

                          #13
                          Re: ASP.NET

                          >> 5. If I download framework 2.0 later, do I have to undo something?[color=blue]
                          >
                          > No, but you'll need to run aspnet_regiis -i that is in THAT framework
                          > folder.
                          >[/color]
                          Scott, I never did that.
                          But it does probably not hurt,

                          Cor


                          Comment

                          • Scott M.

                            #14
                            Re: ASP.NET

                            Normally, you don't need to run this...ever. But, it's the first thing I
                            check when I hear the symptoms described here and it is usually the fix for
                            it. And, as you say, it doesn't hurt.


                            "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                            news:OV%23LkJSn GHA.2432@TK2MSF TNGP03.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                            >>> 5. If I download framework 2.0 later, do I have to undo something?[/color]
                            >>
                            >> No, but you'll need to run aspnet_regiis -i that is in THAT framework
                            >> folder.
                            >>[/color]
                            > Scott, I never did that.
                            > But it does probably not hurt,
                            >
                            > Cor
                            >[/color]


                            Comment

                            • Sandra  Stewart

                              #15
                              Re: ASP.NET


                              "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                              news:uy9Q43RnGH A.1332@TK2MSFTN GP05.phx.gbl...[color=blue][color=green]
                              > > 1. What does the -i switch do?[/color]
                              >
                              > install
                              >[color=green]
                              > > 2. There is no way that this will harm a system file?[/color]
                              >
                              > It will install ASP.NET processing and create the ASPNET user account.
                              > Whatever files it creates/overwrites will not damage anything that already
                              > exists.
                              >[color=green]
                              > > 3. Would it be better to download framework 2.0 instead of learning 1.x?[/color]
                              >
                              > That's up to you. The 2.0 Framework requires VS.NET 2005 or a 2005
                              > Express Edition. The 1.x Framework requires VS.NET 2003.
                              >[color=green]
                              > > 4. If I download framework 2.0, do I follow the same command for the
                              > > regiis?[/color]
                              >
                              > Either framework is going to have an aspnet_regiis file. Running a
                              > particular one, registers that particular framework with IIS.
                              >[color=green]
                              > > 5. If I download framework 2.0 later, do I have to undo something?[/color]
                              >
                              > No, but you'll need to run aspnet_regiis -i that is in THAT framework
                              > folder.
                              >
                              >[color=green]
                              > >
                              > >
                              > > "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                              > > news:%23ooPyzIn GHA.1248@TK2MSF TNGP05.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
                              > >> You need to run it with the -i switch.
                              > >>
                              > >> From the start menu, choose Run.
                              > >> In the textbox, type (or copy):
                              > >>
                              > >> C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322\as net_regiis -i
                              > >>
                              > >> This will install ASP.NET processing and create the ASPNET user account
                              > >> that it used to process ASP.NET web pages.[/color]
                              > >[color=darkred]
                              > >>
                              > >>
                              > >> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                              > >> news:ennPc8GnGH A.4352@TK2MSFTN GP02.phx.gbl...
                              > >>> Dancer,
                              > >>>
                              > >>> Scott is probably right you can try that therefore just execute that.
                              > >>> (Although it should not be needed can it be because of the sequence of
                              > >>> installation). You can without any problem add the Net 2.0 framework
                              > >>> beside Net 1.x
                              > >>>
                              > >>> Cor
                              > >>>
                              > >>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                              > >>> news:uY1Z1yGnGH A.4164@TK2MSFTN GP05.phx.gbl...
                              > >>>> How do I do that?
                              > >>>> I have a file aspnet_regiis.e xe in the path
                              > >>>> C:\WINNT\Micros oft.NET\Framewo rk\v1.1.4322. Would I just click on[/color][/color][/color]
                              that[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>> file? Is there any danger it would damage a system file?
                              > >>>>
                              > >>>> What is the difference in framework 1. and framework 2.0?
                              > >>>> If I register what I have, will I have to UNinstall before using 2.0?
                              > >>>>
                              > >>>> Thank you for your help!
                              > >>>>
                              > >>>> "Scott M." <s-mar@nospam.nosp am> wrote in message
                              > >>>> news:ucbsrZFnGH A.1208@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                              > >>>>> ASP net must be registered with IIS by running: ASPREGIIS -i
                              > >>>>>
                              > >>>>> This is located in your framework/bin folder.
                              > >>>>>
                              > >>>>>
                              > >>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> wrote in message
                              > >>>>> news:%23pbKDzEn GHA.724@TK2MSFT NGP03.phx.gbl.. .
                              > >>>>>> That is my point. If I can see asp pages, why can't I see aspx[/color][/color][/color]
                              pages[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>> using IIS?
                              > >>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>
                              > >>>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                              > >>>>>> news:%23zahrDAn GHA.4212@TK2MSF TNGP04.phx.gbl. ..
                              > >>>>>>> Dancer,
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>> The results of your asp page should be the same as your aspx.
                              > >>>>>>> But why you use the framework 1.x while I get the idea that you[/color][/color][/color]
                              are[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>> starting and can use 2.0.
                              > >>>>>>> For that is as well a free ASPX Web page/site creating tool
                              > >>>>>>> available.
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>> I hope this helps,
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>> Cor
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>> A good help site while using the
                              > >>>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                              > >>>>>>> news:e5elFp6mGH A.4212@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                              > >>>>>>>> Cor,
                              > >>>>>>>> You appear very knowledgeable and very able to explain clearly.
                              > >>>>>>>> Can you help me? I am trying to learn asp.net. - from the very
                              > >>>>>>>> beginning. I have IIS installed and am able to create ASP files[/color][/color][/color]
                              and[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>> see the results on my personal server.
                              > >>>>>>>> I downloaded and installed the Microsoft.NET Framework. I saved[/color][/color][/color]
                              it[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>> on my computer and then installed it.
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>> But I cannot see the results of an aspx file on my computer, even
                              > >>>>>>>> though I can see the results of the SAME file published on my
                              > >>>>>>>> website.
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>> I have an XP Professional and the path to the files is
                              > >>>>>>>> c:\WINNT\Micros oft.net\framewo rk v.1.14322. Also there is the
                              > >>>>>>>> folder v1.0.3705.
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>> I see the result of asp files I create at http:/localhost/. I[/color][/color][/color]
                              try[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>> to do the same with the aspx files, but I only get a blank page.
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>> How can I try out my files without going to the trouble of
                              > >>>>>>>> publishing to the website?
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>> Thank you!
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>> "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> wrote in message
                              > >>>>>>>> news:%23sPo69Nm GHA.3352@TK2MSF TNGP02.phx.gbl. ..
                              > >>>>>>>>> Dancer,
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> It depends, if it is a kind of install, html, css, javascript,
                              > >>>>>>>>> pluggins etc question than you are probably the best off in the
                              > >>>>>>>>> newsgroup as Scott stated.
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> Is it clearly a Net program language question than you can[/color][/color][/color]
                              better[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> ask it in one of the language newsgroups as
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb (or csharp or vc or[/color][/color][/color]
                              withouth[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> languages jsharp)
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> If it has to do with data (adonet) than
                              > >>>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.framew ork.adonet
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> If it has to do with non adonet data than one of the data
                              > >>>>>>>>> newsgroups as
                              > >>>>>>>>> microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb.data
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> Be aware that ASPNet can be used in version before 2005 in 4[/color][/color][/color]
                              ways[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> and in version 2005 in 6 those are:
                              > >>>>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code[/color][/color][/color]
                              not[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> structured.
                              > >>>>>>>>> Using the code in a kind of Scripting way inside the HTML code
                              > >>>>>>>>> structured.
                              > >>>>>>>>> With code behind not compiled (versions before 2005 and 2005[/color][/color][/color]
                              with[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> project addition)
                              > >>>>>>>>> With codefile not compiled (version 2005 without project[/color][/color][/color]
                              addition)[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> Both last but than with compiled DLL's.
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> If you use it in the first two ways, than your newsgroup is[/color][/color][/color]
                              mostly[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                              > >>>>>>>>> as Scott stated.
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> I hope this helps
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> Cor
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>> "dancer" <dancer@microso ft.com> schreef in bericht
                              > >>>>>>>>> news:OxIp3xKmGH A.3900@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
                              > >>>>>>>>>> Is this forum for ASP.NET questions? Or is there another forum
                              > >>>>>>>>>> for that?
                              > >>>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>
                              > >>>>>>
                              > >>>>>
                              > >>>>>
                              > >>>>
                              > >>>>
                              > >>>
                              > >>>
                              > >>
                              > >>[/color]
                              > >
                              > >[/color]
                              >
                              >[/color]


                              Comment

                              Working...