Web service design question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James

    #1

    Web service design question

    Under IIS 6, what would be the suggested approach of a .net web service
    calling a backend socket server that would handle a high transaction volume?
    Can I just create the socket, send the data, receive the response and close
    the socket in the webMethod? Should I create a pool of socket connections?
    I'm really looking for some design suggestions?
  • Allen St.Clair

    #2
    Re: Web service design question

    Yes, you can.
    Most of functions, like Threading, Socket are usable in ASPX too.


    "James" <James@discussi ons.microsoft.c om> wrote in message
    news:7F96324B-B261-4479-9F5F-AAA666B40FC0@mi crosoft.com...[color=blue]
    > Under IIS 6, what would be the suggested approach of a .net web service
    > calling a backend socket server that would handle a high transaction
    > volume?
    > Can I just create the socket, send the data, receive the response and
    > close
    > the socket in the webMethod? Should I create a pool of socket connections?
    > I'm really looking for some design suggestions?[/color]


    Comment

    Working...