.NET client sending long strings error

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cindy Lee

    #1

    .NET client sending long strings error

    I get a readtimeout error when I send a webservice over 80k. I don't think
    a c# string can handle that lengh, or do i need to reserve memory for it?
    It's not a time out error, because if I send a file that's 70k, it returns
    in 1-2 seconds.
    It's connecting to a java apache axis server, and when I use a java client,
    it sends the string perfectly.
    In my .cs file, is there another data type I should change it to, or
    This is my cs code
    [WebMethod(Buffe rResponse=false )]
    [System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapRpcMethodAt tribute("",
    RequestNamespac e="http://server.com",
    ResponseNamespa ce="http://server/Service")]
    [return: System.Xml.Seri alization.SoapE lementAttribute ("emailRetur n")]
    public object[] email(int[] in0, int in1, string in2, string in3, string
    in4, string in5, int in6) {
    object[] results = this.Invoke("em ail", new object[] {
    in0,
    in1,
    in2,
    in3,
    in4,
    in5,
    in6});
    return ((object[])(results[0]));
    }


    ERROR is:
    System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapException: java.net.Socket TimeoutEx
    ception: Read timed out
    at
    System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapHttpClientP rotocol.ReadRes ponse(SoapClie
    ntMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCal
    l)
    at System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapHttpClientP rotocol.Invoke( String
    methodN
    ame, Object[] parameters)
    at AlertServiceSer vice.email(Int3 2[] in0, Int32 in1, String in2, String
    in3,
    String in4, String in5, Int32 in6)
    at AlertClient.Cli ent.Main(String[] args) in
    c:\umg\win\aler tclient\src\cli en
    t.cs:line 133


  • Cindy Lee

    #2
    Re: .NET client sending long strings error

    FYI:
    It was a problem with network credentials with axis and .net.
    ..net first sends with no credentials, when it gets rejected, it sends it
    again with the credentials. Pre-auth doesn't work.
    Had to set this in the header, of my web reference.cs file.

    "Cindy Lee" <cindylee@hotma il.com> wrote in message
    news:eYV5vKtkFH A.1148@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
    > I get a readtimeout error when I send a webservice over 80k. I don't[/color]
    think[color=blue]
    > a c# string can handle that lengh, or do i need to reserve memory for it?
    > It's not a time out error, because if I send a file that's 70k, it returns
    > in 1-2 seconds.
    > It's connecting to a java apache axis server, and when I use a java[/color]
    client,[color=blue]
    > it sends the string perfectly.
    > In my .cs file, is there another data type I should change it to, or
    > This is my cs code
    > [WebMethod(Buffe rResponse=false )]
    > [System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapRpcMethodAt tribute("",
    > RequestNamespac e="http://server.com",
    > ResponseNamespa ce="http://server/Service")]
    > [return: System.Xml.Seri alization.SoapE lementAttribute ("emailRetur n")]
    > public object[] email(int[] in0, int in1, string in2, string in3,[/color]
    string[color=blue]
    > in4, string in5, int in6) {
    > object[] results = this.Invoke("em ail", new object[] {
    > in0,
    > in1,
    > in2,
    > in3,
    > in4,
    > in5,
    > in6});
    > return ((object[])(results[0]));
    > }
    >
    >
    > ERROR is:
    > System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapException: java.net.Socket TimeoutEx
    > ception: Read timed out
    > at
    > System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapHttpClientP rotocol.ReadRes ponse(SoapClie
    > ntMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    > asyncCal
    > l)
    > at System.Web.Serv ices.Protocols. SoapHttpClientP rotocol.Invoke( String
    > methodN
    > ame, Object[] parameters)
    > at AlertServiceSer vice.email(Int3 2[] in0, Int32 in1, String in2, String
    > in3,
    > String in4, String in5, Int32 in6)
    > at AlertClient.Cli ent.Main(String[] args) in
    > c:\umg\win\aler tclient\src\cli en
    > t.cs:line 133
    >
    >[/color]


    Comment

    Working...