Create a web from an existing web application

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Jeseit

    #1

    Create a web from an existing web application

    Hi,

    I want to create a IIS web from an existing webservice project. Doing
    this manually in IIS failed. Is there any possibility to load an
    webservice project in VS.NET and let it create a web?
    Creating a new web service works properly so that I think, IIS works.

    TIA, Frank


  • Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

    #2
    Re: Create a web from an existing web application

    "Frank Jeseit" <buddyholly4@gm x.de> wrote in news:uGiHIqRYFH A.2996
    @TK2MSFTNGP10.p hx.gbl:[color=blue]
    > I want to create a IIS web from an existing webservice project. Doing
    > this manually in IIS failed. Is there any possibility to load an[/color]

    Its helpful if you specify how it failed.
    [color=blue]
    > webservice project in VS.NET and let it create a web?[/color]

    Thats a horrible way to go about it.



    --
    Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
    "Programmin g is an art form that fights back"

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

    Comment

    • Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

      #3
      Re: Create a web from an existing web application

      "Frank Jeseit" <buddyholly4@gm x.de> wrote in news:uGiHIqRYFH A.2996
      @TK2MSFTNGP10.p hx.gbl:[color=blue]
      > I want to create a IIS web from an existing webservice project. Doing
      > this manually in IIS failed. Is there any possibility to load an[/color]

      Its helpful if you specify how it failed.
      [color=blue]
      > webservice project in VS.NET and let it create a web?[/color]

      Thats a horrible way to go about it.



      --
      Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
      "Programmin g is an art form that fights back"

      Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

      Comment

      • Frank Jeseit

        #4
        Re: Create a web from an existing web application

        Hi Chad,

        thank you for replying.[color=blue]
        > Its helpful if you specify how it failed.[/color]

        I got a message, wich said, that access was forbidden.
        [color=blue]
        > Thats a horrible way to go about it.[/color]

        I did it the following way:

        - creating a new Virtual Directory in IIS (pointing to the WebService
        directory)
        - opening the project in VS.NET
        - in Project Explorer activaete the option "show all files"
        - select the shown files and choose "add to project" from context menu

        greetz Frank


        Comment

        • Frank Jeseit

          #5
          Re: Create a web from an existing web application

          Hi Chad,

          thank you for replying.[color=blue]
          > Its helpful if you specify how it failed.[/color]

          I got a message, wich said, that access was forbidden.
          [color=blue]
          > Thats a horrible way to go about it.[/color]

          I did it the following way:

          - creating a new Virtual Directory in IIS (pointing to the WebService
          directory)
          - opening the project in VS.NET
          - in Project Explorer activaete the option "show all files"
          - select the shown files and choose "add to project" from context menu

          greetz Frank


          Comment

          • Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

            #6
            Re: Create a web from an existing web application

            "Frank Jeseit" <buddyholly4@gm x.de> wrote in news:O4DAikgZFH A.2444
            @TK2MSFTNGP15.p hx.gbl:[color=blue]
            > thank you for replying.[color=green]
            >> Its helpful if you specify how it failed.[/color]
            >
            > I got a message, wich said, that access was forbidden.[/color]

            Its a permissions based error then.


            --
            Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
            "Programmin g is an art form that fights back"

            Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

            Comment

            • Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

              #7
              Re: Create a web from an existing web application

              "Frank Jeseit" <buddyholly4@gm x.de> wrote in news:O4DAikgZFH A.2444
              @TK2MSFTNGP15.p hx.gbl:[color=blue]
              > thank you for replying.[color=green]
              >> Its helpful if you specify how it failed.[/color]
              >
              > I got a message, wich said, that access was forbidden.[/color]

              Its a permissions based error then.


              --
              Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - http://www.hower.org/Kudzu/
              "Programmin g is an art form that fights back"

              Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu

              Comment

              Working...