Microsoft C++ compiler error? C3209

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MBmanifest

    #1

    Microsoft C++ compiler error? C3209

    I am supporting a program that runs on a OS/390 machine (USS Compile Cxx),
    Linux (redhat g++), and AIX (Cxx). On all of these platforms, the following
    compiles and runs fine:

    char x= '3';
    if (((x >= '1') &&
    (x <= '5')) ¦¦
    (x == 'X'))
    {
    cout << "hello" << endl;
    }

    On microsoft, the compiler chokes on line 3 with "error C3209: " : Unicode
    identifiers are not yet supported"

    If I break it down to sep. if statements, it works fine. Furthermore if I
    convert '1' to an int, e.g. "int ONE= '1';" and the "char x= '3'; int y=x;"
    But this is goofy. I can't hard code the integer value, e.g. 0x31 for '1'
    because of the whole ASCII/EBCDIC thing, unless I get into #if stuff.

    I think this should work as I have it coded, am I doing something
    fundamentally wrong?
Working...