Event logging Qs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bill Belliveau

    #1

    Event logging Qs

    Couple of questions about event logging.

    1. Aside from the fields such as user, computer, etc – what are the size
    limits of the description and data fields (if any). I couldn’t find this
    anywhere.

    2. Is there a way to create an event log that behaves like the security
    event log? Such that actions like clearing the log are entered.

    Thanks,
    Bill
  • Bill Belliveau

    #2
    RE: Event logging Qs

    I'll answer the first question myself. After some testing it appears that
    the size limit on description is about 40k.

    Now the second question?

    "Bill Belliveau" wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Couple of questions about event logging.
    >
    > 1. Aside from the fields such as user, computer, etc – what are the size
    > limits of the description and data fields (if any). I couldn’t find this
    > anywhere.
    >
    > 2. Is there a way to create an event log that behaves like the security
    > event log? Such that actions like clearing the log are entered.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill[/color]

    Comment

    Working...