Uninstalling Web App

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Angela

    #1

    Uninstalling Web App

    I am in the process of building a Web Setup Project and
    once I figured out how to get rid of the "The system
    cannot open the device or file specified" error things
    were going fine.

    Then, for apparently no good reason, it just decided that
    I cannot uninstall the application. I cannot reinstall it
    to test anything new until I successfully uninstall the
    old version. Any ideas??

    The error I'm getting is: "The installer was interrupted
    before [my application] could be removed. You need to
    restart the installer to try again." Then when I click
    Close, a messagebox pops up "Fatal error during
    installation"
  • Parker Zhang [MSFT]

    #2
    RE: Uninstalling Web App

    Hello,

    Please try the following:

    1. Reboot the machine to see whether it helps.

    2. Try the package on another machine, does the problem occur?

    3. If you get a verbose log by running it from the following command line,
    you might get more information that may help.

    msiexec /i mysetup.msi /l*v mylog.txt

    If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

    --
    Parker Zhang
    Microsoft Developer Support

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

    Comment

    Working...