I've created an installation component to be used as a
standalone custom action during install process.
Is there a way that it can access the Installer's
properties (like product name, version, description, etc.)?
I'd like to keep the Installation Component generic with
regards to what is being installed, but it requires some
runtime info as to what product is being installed (based
on product name, version, or description).
I'd rather not have to create a separate installation
component for each product.
Thanks,
Bill
standalone custom action during install process.
Is there a way that it can access the Installer's
properties (like product name, version, description, etc.)?
I'd like to keep the Installation Component generic with
regards to what is being installed, but it requires some
runtime info as to what product is being installed (based
on product name, version, or description).
I'd rather not have to create a separate installation
component for each product.
Thanks,
Bill