Access Denied

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim Marsden

    #1

    Access Denied

    Hi

    I am having trouble with the following.
    With VS 2003, I select the Server Explorer.
    Within the Server Explorer I have registered all my computers on the network
    (3 in total).
    When I try and expand the options e.g Event Log I get access denied on one
    computer only, the other works OK.
    The same thing happens for the other options.
    If I try and access the server database on the machine, using Windows Auth I
    get 'Logon failed for user x\Guest". If I use SQL Auth all is OK.

    There must be something wrong this the security settings on my target
    machine, any ideas?
    Guest user is on.

    Tim


  • Kevin Yu [MSFT]

    #2
    RE: Access Denied

    Thanks for Gregory's quick response.

    Hi Tim,

    First of all, I would like to confirm my understanding of your issue. From
    your description, I understand that you cannot connect to another computer
    using server explorer. If there is any misunderstandin g, please feel free
    to let me know.

    I agree with Gregory's suggestion that you didn't have permission to access
    the event log on that computer. You can try to delete the server
    registration on server explorer and add it again. When Adding, you will see
    a "Connect using a different user name." link in the dialog box. Click it
    will launch another dialog box for you to enter username and password to
    login. Please make sure that you have administrator's account.

    HTH.

    Kevin Yu
    =======
    "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights."

    Comment

    Working...