how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • news.microsoft.com

    #1

    how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

    Dear all,

    I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with special
    colors , IntelliSense function.

    Could anybody give me some tips or links?


    Thanks,

    Vince


  • Yves Dhondt

    #2
    Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSensefun ction

    news.microsoft. com wrote:
    [color=blue]
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with special
    > colors , IntelliSense function.
    >
    > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
    >
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Vince
    >
    >[/color]

    Check out #develop (
    http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx ) it's an open
    source editor which does everything you want. Learn from that code.

    You could also check out old versions of codemax (you can find them on
    yahoo groups) which are open source as well. Codemax is a C++
    implementation and much harder to understand than #develop.

    HTH

    Yves

    Comment

    • Charles Law

      #3
      Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

      Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
      http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is a well
      developed control.

      HTH

      Charles


      "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
      news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
      > Dear all,
      >
      > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with[/color]
      special[color=blue]
      > colors , IntelliSense function.
      >
      > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
      >
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Vince
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • dddd

        #4
        Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

        thanks a lot.
        that's realy useful for me.

        Thanks again.


        Vince
        "Yves Dhondt" <no@privacy.net > wrote in message
        news:4103bd36$0 $1241$ba620e4c@ news.skynet.be. ..[color=blue]
        > news.microsoft. com wrote:
        >[color=green]
        > > Dear all,
        > >
        > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with[/color][/color]
        special[color=blue][color=green]
        > > colors , IntelliSense function.
        > >
        > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
        > >
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Vince
        > >
        > >[/color]
        >
        > Check out #develop[/color]
        [color=blue]
        > http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/Default.aspx ) it's an open
        > source editor which does everything you want. Learn from that code.
        >
        > You could also check out old versions of codemax (you can find them on
        > yahoo groups) which are open source as well. Codemax is a C++
        > implementation and much harder to understand than #develop.
        >
        > HTH
        >
        > Yves[/color]


        Comment

        • dddd

          #5
          Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

          I have to do it for special reason.

          thanks your response.

          Best Regards,

          Vince

          "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
          news:eAHTULmcEH A.3664@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
          > Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
          > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is a well
          > developed control.
          >
          > HTH
          >
          > Charles
          >
          >
          > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
          > news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
          > > Dear all,
          > >
          > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with[/color]
          > special[color=green]
          > > colors , IntelliSense function.
          > >
          > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
          > >
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Vince
          > >
          > >[/color]
          >
          >[/color]


          Comment

          • Charles Law

            #6
            Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

            I'm not sure I understand you. The link I gave points to a syntax
            highlighting control. It comes with standard languages pre-defined, but you
            can fully configure the colours and style of highlighting, and add
            intellisense of your choosing. What is it that you need to be able to do
            that you don't think it would do for you? It could save a lot of coding.

            Charles


            "dddd" <dd@ddd> wrote in message
            news:ur1pVwqcEH A.4032@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
            > I have to do it for special reason.
            >
            > thanks your response.
            >
            > Best Regards,
            >
            > Vince
            >
            > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
            > news:eAHTULmcEH A.3664@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=green]
            > > Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
            > > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is a[/color][/color]
            well[color=blue][color=green]
            > > developed control.
            > >
            > > HTH
            > >
            > > Charles
            > >
            > >
            > > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
            > > news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..[color=darkred]
            > > > Dear all,
            > > >
            > > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with[/color]
            > > special[color=darkred]
            > > > colors , IntelliSense function.
            > > >
            > > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
            > > >
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Vince
            > > >
            > > >[/color]
            > >
            > >[/color]
            >
            >[/color]


            Comment

            • news.microsoft.com

              #7
              Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

              Hi, Charles
              the control you give me is a good product. but I should pay license for
              using it :-(
              and I have to develop a special source code editor with line number,
              hilightling syntax, intenllisense function, maybe include group function. it
              is better that I do all function from lower level although I should spend
              much time on it.

              Thanks again

              Regards,
              Vince


              "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
              news:e8fEaducEH A.244@TK2MSFTNG P12.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
              > I'm not sure I understand you. The link I gave points to a syntax
              > highlighting control. It comes with standard languages pre-defined, but[/color]
              you[color=blue]
              > can fully configure the colours and style of highlighting, and add
              > intellisense of your choosing. What is it that you need to be able to do
              > that you don't think it would do for you? It could save a lot of coding.
              >
              > Charles
              >
              >
              > "dddd" <dd@ddd> wrote in message
              > news:ur1pVwqcEH A.4032@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...[color=green]
              > > I have to do it for special reason.
              > >
              > > thanks your response.
              > >
              > > Best Regards,
              > >
              > > Vince
              > >
              > > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
              > > news:eAHTULmcEH A.3664@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
              > > > Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
              > > > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is a[/color][/color]
              > well[color=green][color=darkred]
              > > > developed control.
              > > >
              > > > HTH
              > > >
              > > > Charles
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
              > > > news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..
              > > > > Dear all,
              > > > >
              > > > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted with
              > > > special
              > > > > colors , IntelliSense function.
              > > > >
              > > > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
              > > > >
              > > > >
              > > > > Thanks,
              > > > >
              > > > > Vince
              > > > >
              > > > >
              > > >
              > > >[/color]
              > >
              > >[/color]
              >
              >[/color]


              Comment

              • Charles Law

                #8
                Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

                Hi Vince

                All the things you mention, it will do for you: line numbers, syntax
                highlighting, intellisense functions, group functions.

                You say "license", but you buy the product and then it is 'royalty' free.
                You buy it only once.

                For a long time I thought that I would prefer to have such things under my
                own control, but there is a lot of good quality available at a very fair
                price. If the control costs £300, and your rate is £30 per hour, you have
                only ten hours in which to produce something as good before you lose money.
                It can't be done.

                I have no wish to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but I would give
                it serious thought before spending my own money on such a development, or
                persuading my employer to employ me on such a mission when there are such
                savings to be made.

                Perhaps there is some other reason for re-inventing the wheel, but so far
                this seems to be an excellent fit.

                Charles
                [My apologies for so wantonly mixing my metaphors]


                "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
                news:%23jIyRpxc EHA.2544@TK2MSF TNGP10.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                > Hi, Charles
                > the control you give me is a good product. but I should pay license for
                > using it :-(
                > and I have to develop a special source code editor with line number,
                > hilightling syntax, intenllisense function, maybe include group function.[/color]
                it[color=blue]
                > is better that I do all function from lower level although I should spend
                > much time on it.
                >
                > Thanks again
                >
                > Regards,
                > Vince
                >
                >
                > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                > news:e8fEaducEH A.244@TK2MSFTNG P12.phx.gbl...[color=green]
                > > I'm not sure I understand you. The link I gave points to a syntax
                > > highlighting control. It comes with standard languages pre-defined, but[/color]
                > you[color=green]
                > > can fully configure the colours and style of highlighting, and add
                > > intellisense of your choosing. What is it that you need to be able to do
                > > that you don't think it would do for you? It could save a lot of coding.
                > >
                > > Charles
                > >
                > >
                > > "dddd" <dd@ddd> wrote in message
                > > news:ur1pVwqcEH A.4032@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
                > > > I have to do it for special reason.
                > > >
                > > > thanks your response.
                > > >
                > > > Best Regards,
                > > >
                > > > Vince
                > > >
                > > > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                > > > news:eAHTULmcEH A.3664@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...
                > > > > Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
                > > > > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is a[/color]
                > > well[color=darkred]
                > > > > developed control.
                > > > >
                > > > > HTH
                > > > >
                > > > > Charles
                > > > >
                > > > >
                > > > > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
                > > > > news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..
                > > > > > Dear all,
                > > > > >
                > > > > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted[/color][/color][/color]
                with[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                > > > > special
                > > > > > colors , IntelliSense function.
                > > > > >
                > > > > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
                > > > > >
                > > > > >
                > > > > > Thanks,
                > > > > >
                > > > > > Vince
                > > > > >
                > > > > >
                > > > >
                > > > >
                > > >
                > > >[/color]
                > >
                > >[/color]
                >
                >[/color]


                Comment

                • Stu Smith

                  #9
                  Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

                  Definitely. We used Scintilla (http://www.scintilla.org/), which is free,
                  but has the downside of being unmanaged C++. It can be used with .NET
                  though. It took a lot of effort to get it to where we wanted it, and it
                  would have been a huge effort if we had to write the editing component
                  ourselves. Writing text editors is hard -- much much more than $300 hard.

                  Stu


                  "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                  news:%23rNPzf1c EHA.2436@TK2MSF TNGP11.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                  > Hi Vince
                  >
                  > All the things you mention, it will do for you: line numbers, syntax
                  > highlighting, intellisense functions, group functions.
                  >
                  > You say "license", but you buy the product and then it is 'royalty' free.
                  > You buy it only once.
                  >
                  > For a long time I thought that I would prefer to have such things under my
                  > own control, but there is a lot of good quality available at a very fair
                  > price. If the control costs £300, and your rate is £30 per hour, you have
                  > only ten hours in which to produce something as good before you lose[/color]
                  money.[color=blue]
                  > It can't be done.
                  >
                  > I have no wish to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but I would[/color]
                  give[color=blue]
                  > it serious thought before spending my own money on such a development, or
                  > persuading my employer to employ me on such a mission when there are such
                  > savings to be made.
                  >
                  > Perhaps there is some other reason for re-inventing the wheel, but so far
                  > this seems to be an excellent fit.
                  >
                  > Charles
                  > [My apologies for so wantonly mixing my metaphors]
                  >
                  >
                  > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
                  > news:%23jIyRpxc EHA.2544@TK2MSF TNGP10.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                  > > Hi, Charles
                  > > the control you give me is a good product. but I should pay license for
                  > > using it :-(
                  > > and I have to develop a special source code editor with line number,
                  > > hilightling syntax, intenllisense function, maybe include group[/color][/color]
                  function.[color=blue]
                  > it[color=green]
                  > > is better that I do all function from lower level although I should[/color][/color]
                  spend[color=blue][color=green]
                  > > much time on it.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks again
                  > >
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Vince
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                  > > news:e8fEaducEH A.244@TK2MSFTNG P12.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
                  > > > I'm not sure I understand you. The link I gave points to a syntax
                  > > > highlighting control. It comes with standard languages pre-defined,[/color][/color][/color]
                  but[color=blue][color=green]
                  > > you[color=darkred]
                  > > > can fully configure the colours and style of highlighting, and add
                  > > > intellisense of your choosing. What is it that you need to be able to[/color][/color][/color]
                  do[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                  > > > that you don't think it would do for you? It could save a lot of[/color][/color][/color]
                  coding.[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                  > > >
                  > > > Charles
                  > > >
                  > > >
                  > > > "dddd" <dd@ddd> wrote in message
                  > > > news:ur1pVwqcEH A.4032@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...
                  > > > > I have to do it for special reason.
                  > > > >
                  > > > > thanks your response.
                  > > > >
                  > > > > Best Regards,
                  > > > >
                  > > > > Vince
                  > > > >
                  > > > > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                  > > > > news:eAHTULmcEH A.3664@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...
                  > > > > > Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
                  > > > > > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is[/color][/color][/color]
                  a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                  > > > well
                  > > > > > developed control.
                  > > > > >
                  > > > > > HTH
                  > > > > >
                  > > > > > Charles
                  > > > > >
                  > > > > >
                  > > > > > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
                  > > > > > news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..
                  > > > > > > Dear all,
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted[/color][/color]
                  > with[color=green][color=darkred]
                  > > > > > special
                  > > > > > > colors , IntelliSense function.
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > > > Thanks,
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > > > Vince
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > > >
                  > > > > >
                  > > > > >
                  > > > >
                  > > > >
                  > > >
                  > > >[/color]
                  > >
                  > >[/color]
                  >
                  >[/color]


                  Comment

                  • news.microsoft.com

                    #10
                    Re: how to code sourcecode editor with syntax hilighted and IntelliSense function

                    Hi Charles,

                    I agree with you------- buying good and suitable product will save time and
                    money. :-)

                    I will reconsider it thoroughly..... .

                    Thanks,

                    Vince from Shanghai, China


                    "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                    news:%23rNPzf1c EHA.2436@TK2MSF TNGP11.phx.gbl. ..[color=blue]
                    > Hi Vince
                    >
                    > All the things you mention, it will do for you: line numbers, syntax
                    > highlighting, intellisense functions, group functions.
                    >
                    > You say "license", but you buy the product and then it is 'royalty' free.
                    > You buy it only once.
                    >
                    > For a long time I thought that I would prefer to have such things under my
                    > own control, but there is a lot of good quality available at a very fair
                    > price. If the control costs £300, and your rate is £30 per hour, you have
                    > only ten hours in which to produce something as good before you lose[/color]
                    money.[color=blue]
                    > It can't be done.
                    >
                    > I have no wish to try to teach my grandmother to suck eggs, but I would[/color]
                    give[color=blue]
                    > it serious thought before spending my own money on such a development, or
                    > persuading my employer to employ me on such a mission when there are such
                    > savings to be made.
                    >
                    > Perhaps there is some other reason for re-inventing the wheel, but so far
                    > this seems to be an excellent fit.
                    >
                    > Charles
                    > [My apologies for so wantonly mixing my metaphors]
                    >
                    >
                    > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
                    > news:%23jIyRpxc EHA.2544@TK2MSF TNGP10.phx.gbl. ..[color=green]
                    > > Hi, Charles
                    > > the control you give me is a good product. but I should pay license for
                    > > using it :-(
                    > > and I have to develop a special source code editor with line number,
                    > > hilightling syntax, intenllisense function, maybe include group[/color][/color]
                    function.[color=blue]
                    > it[color=green]
                    > > is better that I do all function from lower level although I should[/color][/color]
                    spend[color=blue][color=green]
                    > > much time on it.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks again
                    > >
                    > > Regards,
                    > > Vince
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                    > > news:e8fEaducEH A.244@TK2MSFTNG P12.phx.gbl...[color=darkred]
                    > > > I'm not sure I understand you. The link I gave points to a syntax
                    > > > highlighting control. It comes with standard languages pre-defined,[/color][/color][/color]
                    but[color=blue][color=green]
                    > > you[color=darkred]
                    > > > can fully configure the colours and style of highlighting, and add
                    > > > intellisense of your choosing. What is it that you need to be able to[/color][/color][/color]
                    do[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > that you don't think it would do for you? It could save a lot of[/color][/color][/color]
                    coding.[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > >
                    > > > Charles
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > "dddd" <dd@ddd> wrote in message
                    > > > news:ur1pVwqcEH A.4032@TK2MSFTN GP11.phx.gbl...
                    > > > > I have to do it for special reason.
                    > > > >
                    > > > > thanks your response.
                    > > > >
                    > > > > Best Regards,
                    > > > >
                    > > > > Vince
                    > > > >
                    > > > > "Charles Law" <blank@nowhere. com> wrote in message
                    > > > > news:eAHTULmcEH A.3664@TK2MSFTN GP12.phx.gbl...
                    > > > > > Take a look at SyntaxEditor at
                    > > > > > http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Produ...t/Default.aspx. It is[/color][/color][/color]
                    a[color=blue][color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > well
                    > > > > > developed control.
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > > HTH
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > > Charles
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > > "news.microsoft .com" <vince@citiz.ne t> wrote in message
                    > > > > > news:%234Ftz4ic EHA.3792@TK2MSF TNGP09.phx.gbl. ..
                    > > > > > > Dear all,
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > > > I have to do a source code editor to implement syntax hilighted[/color][/color]
                    > with[color=green][color=darkred]
                    > > > > > special
                    > > > > > > colors , IntelliSense function.
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > > > Could anybody give me some tips or links?
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > > > Thanks,
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > > > Vince
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > > >
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >[/color]
                    > >
                    > >[/color]
                    >
                    >[/color]


                    Comment

                    Working...