Missing help contents

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CPresson

    #1

    Missing help contents

    I'm not sure what caused it, but while inside the VS.NET IDE, 1) when I click on the Help TOC or index tab, nothing shows up, 2) no filters (for the help) show up, and 3) Dynamic Help always shows "No links are available for the current selection."

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VS.NET framework and Enterprise Architect (2002 and 2003) and it has not fixed the problem.

    Has anyone seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it so I can view VS.NET help again?

    Thanks!
  • Peter van der Goes

    #2
    Re: Missing help contents


    "CPresson" <CPresson@discu ssions.microsof t.com> wrote in message
    news:84A2658C-23F7-479D-887E-19173B431BA4@mi crosoft.com...[color=blue]
    > I'm not sure what caused it, but while inside the VS.NET IDE, 1) when I[/color]
    click on the Help TOC or index tab, nothing shows up, 2) no filters (for the
    help) show up, and 3) Dynamic Help always shows "No links are available for
    the current selection."[color=blue]
    >
    > I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VS.NET framework and[/color]
    Enterprise Architect (2002 and 2003) and it has not fixed the problem.[color=blue]
    >
    > Has anyone seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it so I can[/color]
    view VS.NET help again?[color=blue]
    >
    > Thanks![/color]

    Realizing that there are some issues related to association between MSDN
    help and VS.NET (searching Google Groups will get lots of hits), have you
    tried repairing your MSDN installation? IIRC, if you insert MSDN CD #1,
    you'll get options including repair of the existing installation. I was able
    to successfully resurrect help for a reinstalled VS.NET 2003 Pro by
    repairing MSDN rather than completely reinstalling.

    --
    Peter [MVP Visual Developer]
    Jack of all trades, master of none.


    Comment

    • CPresson

      #3
      Re: Missing help contents

      Thanks, Peter.

      I tried this as well and it did not bring the help back.

      Anyone have other ideas?

      Thanks!

      -CPresson

      "Peter van der Goes" wrote:
      [color=blue]
      >
      > "CPresson" <CPresson@discu ssions.microsof t.com> wrote in message
      > news:84A2658C-23F7-479D-887E-19173B431BA4@mi crosoft.com...[color=green]
      > > I'm not sure what caused it, but while inside the VS.NET IDE, 1) when I[/color]
      > click on the Help TOC or index tab, nothing shows up, 2) no filters (for the
      > help) show up, and 3) Dynamic Help always shows "No links are available for
      > the current selection."[color=green]
      > >
      > > I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VS.NET framework and[/color]
      > Enterprise Architect (2002 and 2003) and it has not fixed the problem.[color=green]
      > >
      > > Has anyone seen this problem before? Any ideas on how to fix it so I can[/color]
      > view VS.NET help again?[color=green]
      > >
      > > Thanks![/color]
      >
      > Realizing that there are some issues related to association between MSDN
      > help and VS.NET (searching Google Groups will get lots of hits), have you
      > tried repairing your MSDN installation? IIRC, if you insert MSDN CD #1,
      > you'll get options including repair of the existing installation. I was able
      > to successfully resurrect help for a reinstalled VS.NET 2003 Pro by
      > repairing MSDN rather than completely reinstalling.
      >
      > --
      > Peter [MVP Visual Developer]
      > Jack of all trades, master of none.
      >
      >
      >[/color]

      Comment

      Working...