fonts in Visual Studio

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jack Charbonneau

    #1

    fonts in Visual Studio

    I have a bunch of custom fonts installed on my system.
    For instance if I look at the font drop-down in word pad
    I see about 90 fonts, but if I build an app using VS.Net,
    add a label, and try to change the font - I'm only given
    a choice of about 20 - the "standard" fonts which are
    installed with the OS (XP).

    How can I get the rest of my fonts in this box?

    Thanks.

  • Peter Huang [MSFT]

    #2
    RE: fonts in Visual Studio

    Hi Jack,

    Sorry to misunderstand your problem. You problem is that you can not choose
    as many fonts in VS.NET as in Word. Can you enumerate the fonts you can
    find in WordPad and the fonts you can find in label's Font properties in
    VS.NET So that I can narrow down your issue more quickly.

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Regards,
    Peter Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    --------------------[color=blue]
    >X-Tomcat-ID: 177312615
    >References: <06db01c35cb7$1 519d190$a601280 a@phx.gbl>
    >MIME-Version: 1.0
    >Content-Type: text/plain
    >Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    >From: v-phuang@online.m icrosoft.com (Peter Huang [MSFT])
    >Organization : Microsoft
    >Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:05:44 GMT
    >Subject: RE: fonts in Visual Studio
    >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l
    >Message-ID: <CCnQExYXDHA.17 24@cpmsftngxa06 .phx.gbl>
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l
    >Lines: 41
    >Path: cpmsftngxa06.ph x.gbl
    >Xref: cpmsftngxa06.ph x.gbl microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l:103910
    >NNTP-Posting-Host: TOMCATIMPORT1 10.201.218.122
    >
    >Hi Jack,
    >
    >You may try to call the API EnumFontFamilie s.
    >Here is a link about calling api in .net framework.
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/cpguide/ht[/color]
    m[color=blue]
    >l/cpconusingcallb ackfunctions.as p
    >
    >Hope this will help you.
    >Regards,
    >Peter Huang
    >Microsoft Online Partner Support
    >Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    >This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    >--------------------[color=green]
    >>Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    >>From: "Jack Charbonneau" <john@3dweb.com >
    >>Sender: "Jack Charbonneau" <john@3dweb.com >
    >>Subject: fonts in Visual Studio
    >>Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:39:49 -0700
    >>Lines: 11
    >>Message-ID: <06db01c35cb7$1 519d190$a601280 a@phx.gbl>
    >>MIME-Version: 1.0
    >>Content-Type: text/plain;
    >> charset="iso-8859-1"
    >>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    >>X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    >>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4910.0300
    >>Thread-Index: AcNctxUXF5xv9au SQTWQTb+4xmjVow ==
    >>Newsgroups: microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l
    >>Path: cpmsftngxa06.ph x.gbl
    >>Xref: cpmsftngxa06.ph x.gbl microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l:103798
    >>NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA14 10.40.1.166
    >>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.publi c.dotnet.genera l
    >>
    >>I have a bunch of custom fonts installed on my system.
    >>For instance if I look at the font drop-down in word pad
    >>I see about 90 fonts, but if I build an app using VS.Net,
    >>add a label, and try to change the font - I'm only given
    >>a choice of about 20 - the "standard" fonts which are
    >>installed with the OS (XP).
    >>
    >>How can I get the rest of my fonts in this box?
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >>
    >>[/color]
    >
    >[/color]

    Comment

    Working...